I should be working on my more time sensitive projects, but I can't resist the siren call of starting another Kingdom Death mini, the Rogue:-

yNWKyP.jpg

At the moment he's merely been cleaned, assembled and primed. Tomorrow comes the fun of deciding what colours to assign to his many layers of clothing.

I've made a start to his base too:-

4SqGip.jpg

That fern on the side looks way too much like an ear.

• Like 16

Where are you getting these faces for the bases?

Heh. I rhymed.

They're made by Scibor. You can get either ready-made face bases, or just the faces.

I'm surprised this one hasn't sold as well.. but then, it seems the male miniatures take longer...

Yeah, from any other company I think he'd be super popular, but the KD fanbase just doesn't seem too keen on not-monster male minis (which is why I think its silly of Poots to waste resources on developing male pin-ups).

• Like 1

Silly it may seem, those were actually asked for by some of the females in his fanbase. I'm not certain how large a portion "some" refers to, but I am certain that they were asked for in the KS comments, and possibly on the KD blog.

Oh, I know people requested them, I just don't see that translating into many sales.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong though, the concept art for the first one looked interesting.

The Rogue now has skin and trousers:-

nOQEf1.jpg

The skin started as a basecoat of 3:1 Vallejo Dwarf Skin/Ruddy Leather, then it got a wash of Vallejo Flesh shade, then layers of Dwarf Skin and 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Linen White both with a touch of Ruddy Leather, then a final thinned wash of the Flesh shade.

I think I may have left too much basecoat around the hairline, I'll wait and see what it looks like when his hair is done.

The trousers are just a basecoat of Tanned Leather at the moment.

• Like 8

I like both the male and female figures for kingdom death and as I tend to paint females more often I picked him up as he was a great sculpt.

You are off to a great start, look forward to seeing how you paint him. Is that a mold line running down his arm? In the pictures it looks like their May be a small one on his left hand also. A bit of brush on sealer applied right next to the line may help even it out a bit.

• Like 2

I like both the male and female figures for kingdom death and as I tend to paint females more often I picked him up as he was a great sculpt.

You are off to a great start, look forward to seeing how you paint him. Is that a mold line running down his arm? In the pictures it looks like their May be a small one on his left hand also. A bit of brush on sealer applied right next to the line may help even it out a bit.

I'm not sure what that is on his arm, it's on the official store mini too so I don't think it's a mold line, I've just painted it up as skin until I work out what to do with it.

Checking his left hand, turns out he's wearing fingerless gloves and I'd painted over the ends :lol:

Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

• Like 2

If you really dislike the arm line I would just carefully use an exacto blade and chop it off then apply some brush on sealer and keep on painting, but I know that can be hard to imagine doing once you have an area painted. But like Ub3r you could make it a vein or perhaps a fresh scar ?

• Like 1

If you really dislike the arm line I would just carefully use an exacto blade and chop it off then apply some brush on sealer and keep on painting, but I know that can be hard to imagine doing once you have an area painted. But like Ub3r you could make it a vein or perhaps a fresh scar ?

Or use a sanding needle to gently file it down, but make sure to do it under water and/or with mask so you don't inhale dust. 

The barbarian in my avatar had a lot of the veins like that, you can see them in his left forearm. I did a light blue glaze a few times to pick it out and then glazed his flesh color over it a couple of times. Pretty easy, looks good too IMO. 

• Like 1

It's not quite as ginormous as it looks in the photos, so it should be easy enough to remove but I'll try painting it as a vein first, see what it looks like.

• Like 1