Sign in to follow this  
Marsya

Dixie Lost Glimmer of Hope Under a Small Mossy Rock aka Stonehaven Gnome wizard

Oh my goodness, that's gorgeous. One of the best paintjobs I've seen in a while. Very well done, Marsya. The hat, the gemstones, the fire, the squirrel, the basing... I would be over the moon if I was your client.

• Like 1

This came out extremely well. The wizard, the squirrel and your base work all work quite nicely together.

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Beautiful paint job and base!  As for the background, the blue definitely shows the colors and detail in your paint job better than the black background.

• Like 1

Aww thanks everyone for the kind words. I really enjoyed this one and am glad everyone likes him. The 30mm base sure did give me a lot of room to work with to add tiny details to really set him off, unlike the typical small base for gnomes.

I love the way the squirrel sets off the scene and really should consider adding more creatures to my basework more often.

I picked up the squirrel and some other furry friends years ago with the intention of creating a sleeping beauty diorama. Hmm... Maybe I should actually start that.

Thank you all again for the suggestions and help as it shows in my final work.

• Like 1

Thanks Pingo and Arc.

My husband took a few better photos for me so I edited the original post to show a close up of my gnome, it really shows the moss I added to his staff better i think.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      My Weird West campaign included the town of Lovelace, a steampunk bastion of order run by a Babbage engine of limited omniscience. Several of the citizens were clockwork-and-punchtape automata. 

Meet Citizen Rustbuckets, one of the oldest inhabitants! I love Stonehaven sculpts almost as much as I hate paying for them. Look at that benign goggle-eyed face and its genial steam-shovel underbite! He's here next to HLPr-bot, featured previously.  

And here's Marshall Crusher, the very long steam-powered arm of the law. I tried to make it look like he's got a boiler in there.

Here's a sampling of the human and automaton population (in two shots because focus is hard).

• By Dae
      I recently finished Anirion! It was time to add layering to my toolbox of techniques and he seems to be the go-to model for learning.

Since by I now have (just) over 10 minis under my belt, I'm obviously an expert  so I felt confident enough to go with my own colors rather than the ones in the instructions (from Layer-Up kit). Still, even with my "vast experience", I've only painted beasts and monsters so far -- no fancy clothing on any of them -- so I was a bit nervous about messing up my first hero, but you gotta start somewhere. 

I think he turned out great, but it went nothing like the videos one might find... And by that I mean it took me several painting sessions over a few weeks to finish him.

More on how it went on: pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/10/19/anirions-wavy-robes/  *

* First post, woo-hoo! Still finding my way around here. Rules seem to allow non-commercial external links, let me know if I'm wrong... Our blog, Pocket-Sized Adventurers, features the works of two newbies and is meant to keep track of our progress and share our experience with whomever might find it helpful.
    • By knarthex
      So the ex is going to be joining a new campaign, and she asked me to paint her figure, the Stonehaven female gnome rogue....

Still just starting, but need to motivate myself, as well as keeping track of colors....
      Scalera is Reaper Linen White
      Pupil Warcolours Green 3
      Skin SC 75 Arabic shade...

Check back as more gets done!

• By Silvervane
      I fell back to lurking of the forums again.  So starting this year I decided to get back to painting and posting.  Most of what I've done lately has been with gaming in mind.  I wanted to try out Frostgrave Perilous Dark Solo campaign, so I decided to dual task my painting.  I also wanted to play with a full group of painted figures for Zombicide Black Plague.  Since I have already finished up all the zombies and Necromancer for the core game.  Baldric looked like and excellent candidate for my Wizard.  (well him or my 2 Necro's I've already finished, Shh....).  I decided to try to keep as close to the box art as I could.  

Here is my Baldric.

Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel inspired to give.
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)