Mab - Dark Sword Stephanie Law Miniature

brushmistress

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where we prostrate ourselves before you and chant "we're not worthy" right?

That gorgeous freehand tattoing, and that amazingly natural yet unnatural skin is just blowing my mind. I absolutely adore seeing work like this, even though I know I will never in my life achieve this level of excelence, and I know my eyes, being what they are, are probably missing some of the subtleties of shade in fabric and skin.

• Like 2

what I would give to sit and study your work on this figure in person...  The pics are mesmerizing, I can imagine myself standing in front of her live and needing someone to physically slap me out of the hyper focused trance, because...  "we're closing, and you need to go home now."

• Like 2

When I saw that Kickstarter, I really couldn't help but think that those minis were playing to your strengths.  It just seems like they all want the kind of color pallet and freehand that you're so good at.

I thought that, too. And as a padawan, that's the reason I bought in! All the talk about being 'good enough to do them justice', I want them so I can get good enough to do them justice. This looks to me like a full set of leveling minis (if your skills are, erm, in development :)).

Well, that's a good plan.  Just make sure to get the DVDs as well, then.

• Like 1

This is where we prostrate ourselves before you and chant "we're not worthy" right?

That gorgeous freehand tattoing, and that amazingly natural yet unnatural skin is just blowing my mind. I absolutely adore seeing work like this, even though I know I will never in my life achieve this level of excelence, and I know my eyes, being what they are, are probably missing some of the subtleties of shade in fabric and skin.

Actually no, you would greatly embarrass Jess. She would much rather you practiced on your skills and became as good a painter as her. 

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 8

Actually no, you would greatly embarrass Jess she would much rather you practiced on your skills and became as good a painter as her.

Why can't we do both?
  • Like 2

Actually no, you would greatly embarrass Jess she would much rather you practiced on your skills and became as good a painter as her. 

Well said, and quite true.

• Like 6

When I saw that Kickstarter, I really couldn't help but think that those minis were playing to your strengths.  It just seems like they all want the kind of color pallet and freehand that you're so good at.

I thought that, too. And as a padawan, that's the reason I bought in! All the talk about being 'good enough to do them justice', I want them so I can get good enough to do them justice. This looks to me like a full set of leveling minis (if your skills are, erm, in development :)).

I for one plan to butcher mine, but it will still be awesome fun! ::D:

• Like 3