Dirty old golgoth

Limey72

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice first attempts! Really like that neon pool on the base too.

The thing you have to remember with OSL is that the thing giving off the light is the lightest color, so when you do OSL of it onto something, you need to darken that light a bit and darken it further the further away you get from the source and with less intensity. Just keep practicing. Here's a video tutorial from the amazing James Wappel doing OSL.

• Like 1

I love the colors that you used. The rust effects look good too. It make the rust really pop, may I suggest using maybe a brighter orange for the highlighting?I have included a reference picture so that you see what I mean. =)

post-5554-0-72338300-1415497770.jpg

Edited by Lyn
  • Like 3

I was thinking maybe if you went a little greener or bluer with the verdigris and a little more orange with the rust to kinda pull them away from each other visually? What Lyn said, basically. And the bits of iron where the iron is thinner, like raised runes and scale edges, would tend to rust right through, maybe stipple a little with a black-brown to suggest pocked and corroded? Just if you feel like it, it looks great anyway!

• Like 1