Dai-Mongar

02082: King Angus Stormhand and 02083: Queen Shanon Stormhand, wedding cake topper

Congrats, I love your wife's gown so pretty. The two of you make a sweet couple. Of course the mini's are awesome too. But the giant d20's really caught my eye after her dress of course .

• Like 2

Congratulations!!  I sometimes regret that we got married before geeky weddings became a thing that is actually done, although I feel very lucky to have been married for 20+ years already.  ::D:  Wishing you many years of happiness together. 

• Like 4

Thank you all for the congratulations and good wishes, it was a wonderful day and I couldn't have asked for it to go better.

Congrats! What are the symbols on the cake? I recognize the MTG elements on the bottom tier, but I don't know the other three.

There's a stylized Dredd helmet and Deadpool face symbol on the middle tier, and the top is Thulsa Doom's standard from the Conan the Barbarian movie.

• Like 6

Congrats, I love your wife's gown so pretty. The two of you make a sweet couple. Of course the mini's are awesome too. But the giant d20's really caught my eye after her dress of course .

Not just d20's, all sizes of dice! They're just papercraft things we printed out at home.

post-3125-0-20886300-1415585757.jpg

The original idea was to have them put on the dinner tables with LED candles in them so that they were like little paper lanterns, which was a nice idea, but it was far to light outside when we had dinner for them to actually be effective so they just got strewn about the tables with the LED candles separate.

post-3125-0-08964600-1415585802.jpg

• Like 13

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By rubegon
      I got this mini in the Mini Painting 101 class at ReaperCon.  This was our first ReaperCon - my wife and I took the class together.  I’d painted about a dozen minis (badly) for D&D before going to RC.

I like this sculpt, and I wanted to work on improving my basic painting skills.  I decided to keep working on her to see how far I can go.

I’ve spent an embarrassingly large amount of time on her already.  I do feel like I’m learning a lot though and getting better at controlling my brush and getting paint consistency right.

I broke out one of the good brushes I had bought and not touched - a da Vinci Maestro.  I still feel unworthy to use it but maybe it will help me get better.

I’ve done a lot of work on the red armor already, but still need to do some more highlighting.  I think I might have overdone the highlights on the green ropes in some places.  I was planning to glaze them down and redo a bit smaller.

Thanks for taking a look.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback or tips on what I can improve on the parts I’ve worked on already.

Here she is so far - she looks a lot better if you squint.

• By lazarp
      This is one of the heroes from legend of drizzt board game. I gave him simple terrain and a super quick speedpaint. I like how he turned out. Thanks for looking 

• By Inarah
      Painted her back in April or May, finally got a good photo. 

• By EvilJames
      Finished up one of my first bones 4 minis.  The unnamed big brother to the bones 3 barbarian.

He's a simple table top job, though I probably could have shaded a few details more. Like his bracelet.

I used an ink wash too shade the fur of his cloak and loin cloth. It worked great except they are now both very shiny. I could tone them down with some matte sealer, bit I think I'm just going to declare them magical.

Someone's grumpy today.

here he is with his unfinished little brother. Little brother's weapons ate a bit mor floppy unfortunately. They'll likely take a few hot water baths to fix.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 354 Guests (See full list)