Sign in to follow this  
attrezzop

First time wargammer needs a tip

I'm a first time wargammer starting with warlord. I looked into warhammer but a good starter army is so expensive and fantasy warhammer players are equally hard to find here as anything else.

Because of the situation with few local wargammers I'd like to start out with two armies so I can invite others to come over and play.

I like all things elvey so one of the armies I plan to make an elven army. Any meta tips on these? Wood elves or elves or dark elves, which is more flavor of the month now?

Also, what army would pair nicely with them? I'm trying to get a decent battle that balance well enough to go either way.

Elves always have a good opponent in Reven or Reptus...  All three of which can be proxied using Bones as the majority of your forces, with a few metal pieces sprinkled in.

I would go Elves or Tembrithil against the evils...  But, if you want to go dark elves, then dwarves or Crusaders work well against them.

However, there is nothing that says two "evil" armies, or two "good" armies, can't fight each other.

• Like 2

Reptus could be fun!  You could run the games as if boarder disputes where the forest and the marshes meet!

• Like 2