Sign in to follow this  

Hello and greetings fellow Reaper members. I am here with what i hope will be a consistent wip. I am working on Goblins. I have a unique fondness for Goblins. Sometime back in the late 2000's I had a successful MTG Goblin deck. There was the early incendiary version. Then there was the later beat down deck. Most of the time I won in five turns. These goblins will be given away as a Christmas gift to my family members. Long ago I came across some goblin pillars. I painted them using testors enamels and gave them a marble finish. That piece was given to a close high school friend.

I currently have two sets of the 89003 pathfinder goblins. I also have two sets of 77024 that i will paint soon. I am waiting for the goblin war chanter and goblin pyro set to arrive here. I am going to paint the first batch in a typical green. The second set will be painted as my favorite goblins from the Lorywn set. I am doing two batches of each the same way. I am going to use Future floor polish to seal them. I will then begin experimenting using oils. I still need to get some brushes and thinner. It will be a learn as I go experiment. The second set will have yellow, orange, black and brown colorings. Some will be getting markings similar to hyenas. The goblin pyros will have some osl.

I am also experimenting with my photo setup to produce nice crisp images. I have ditched the light box and am using a dslr. I am using two clamp lamps. with fluorescent bulbs. If anyone has some more tips on how I could get better photos I would appreciate it . I have been reading through the shutter bug forum. I believe it may be some more trial and error and better photo backdrops. I am proud that these photos are better then my first posting. The more i practice the better I hope to become.

Here is where i am at with the first goblin with two different backgrounds. I call him sharp mike in honor of the recipient.

Gracious Zoot.

15574873750_d0d5602647_z.jpg

15574873790_b5b410f550_z.jpg

15735975636_4a6cb795cb_z.jpg

15759688635_aa4e029f33_z.jpg

• Like 12

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this