Seeking Aid From Fellow Comic Nerds and Parasite Experts

Joe the Revelator

Daredevil has cancer, along with any other radioactively produced heroes...

Nick fury and the Punisher have emphysema.

Pick an X-man for PTSD, especially a young one.

There's some kind of disorder where your organs aren't where they ought to be; Kitty Pryde has that.

Juggernaut has any number of neurological disorders brought on by repeated concussion, as does the Rhino.

• Like 7

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daredevil has cancer, along with any other radioactively produced heroes...

Nick fury and the Punisher have emphysema.

Pick an X-man for PTSD, especially a young one.

There's some kind of disorder where your organs aren't where they ought to be; Kitty Pryde has that.

Juggernaut has any number of neurological disorders brought on by repeated concussion, as does the Rhino.

I forget what that disorder is called but I worked with a girl where her sons organs where all flip flopped. His heart was on his right hand side

• Like 2

Surprised Buglips hasn't commented in here yet, don't think you can get a better parasite expert than him, but then again you didn't ask how the parasites taste.

Dr. Xavier has a brain tumor And the whole X-Men thing is hallucinations caused by its pressing. The people that make up the team exist, but are his medical/hospice staff.

Or he may have mad cow disease.

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 5

I was assuming the thread purpose was to explain superpowers as the result of a real disease - thus the sticky skin symptom of Morgellon's and Lyme being a good fit for Spiderman.  

Not the thread begin about "which disease best fits" - on that point, Yes, the Tick has Lyme.  But his powers decidedly are not a result of Lyme.

Nightcrawler, because of his constant "bamfing" that smells like brimstone (i.e Sulphur Dioxide gas), has pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs). You all remember how tiring it can be to him if he does it a lot? That's the edema.

It is also a skin/eye irritant. And his skin/eyes are quite abnormal.

Interestingly enough, sulphur dioxide is also a suspected mutagen. Hmm...

• Like 1

Nightcrawler, because of his constant "bamfing" that smells like brimstone (i.e Sulphur Dioxide gas), has pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs). You all remember how tiring it can be to him if he does it a lot? That's the edema.

It is also a skin/eye irritant. And his skin/eyes are quite abnormal.

Interestingly enough, sulphur dioxide is also a suspected mutagen. Hmm...

And he has Methemoglobinemia - which causes Blue Skin.

This thread brings me no end of joy. Now I'm imagining a round-robin support group for heroes with parasites. I've been trolling around on other forums for blood parasites for Wolverine. Based on how many exotic locations, backwoods, and wildernesses he's tromped through during his fictional history, I'm guessing he has all of them. Also, if he's healing constantly, does that mean his immune system is capable of fighting diseases ours can't recognize? If not, I want him to have blood flukes, C. Diff, and a prion disease.

And Aquaman having oceanic parasites is just awsome.

• Like 1

Reed Richards, Plastic Man, Elongated Man, all of the stretchy guys...

...have tapeworms.

They're usually all skinny guys, something's feeding off of them.

Imagine having to stretch your guts and have the worm unfold and then sliding back into position when they contract.