Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

Showdown at McFiggin's Tavern! (Fall Exchange Piece)

That orc didn't do anything wrong, he was just chopping that firewood.

He committed the worst offense a dwarf could know... he made the ranger spill his ale!

Awesome diorama Ub3r. 

Thanks!  ^_^

Your diorama skills are improving by leaps and bounds!  Nice composition and a good size to get the feel of a complete scene and the action that's about to go down.  Plus the details on that tavern are meticulous.  Very well executed! 

• Like 1

Your diorama skills are improving by leaps and bounds!  Nice composition and a good size to get the feel of a complete scene and the action that's about to go down.  Plus the details on that tavern are meticulous.  Very well executed! 

Thank you very much!  ::D:

Excellent piece and wonderful scene! Greeeat work ub3r!

I'm saving these pics for future inspiration. ::):

Woah! I got a "greeeat"!!  ::o:

Thanks Darsc!  :upside:

• Like 1

This truly is a beautiful piece, and Ub3r did a great job at adding the little details that make a scene complete! Everything from the sign to the spilled ale to the placement of the greenery did an awesome job of telling a story. Not only that, for its size, it's amazingly light! Most of the stuff I put together weighs quite a bit more, but Ub3r managed to get a ton of detail without a ton of weight. I'm honored that you sent this to me. Thank you!

I've got a busy rest of vacation, but I'll try to get some more time to take a few more pics, even if to detail the Orc for Ub3r.  ^_^

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!

Kharsin - yeah, I wanted to challenge myself and give you something cool, you're a dang good painter so I needed to "up" my game with this one I felt. It's the balsa wood that makes it so light I think, it looks like it'd be hefty, because of the tavern, but with only the dwarf being pewter, he's probably half the total weight of the entire piece... stocky fella!

Yes, please do take more pics! I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't get the best pics of the two figures themselves, just the overall piece.

• Like 1