77060: Dragonman Warrior & 77141: Oswald the Overladen

ub3r_n3rd

For the D&D Game I'm running right now, I'm going to attempt to speed-paint a few figures. Told the guys I have a lot on my plate right now with some dioramas that need to get done before xmas, but I usually spend way too much time on individual figures to make them look really good. 

These are the two I'm working on right now for the character who plays a dragonborn paladin. The paladin is his main PC, but he also has a squire named "Ned" that I gave him who is non-combat, and there to carry his stuff around.

Paladin Dragonborn  - 77060: Dragonman Warrior

Ned the Squire (aka packmule) - 77141: Townsfolk: Oswald the Overladen

Even though I'm going to be speed-painting and taking a lot of short-cuts, I still like to customize the figures for my group if possible.

To this end, I've converted his sword to an axe (a bit from RBG) and changed his shield putting the symbol of his god on it. 

77060_w_1.jpg

I cut the arm with the shield off here, then cut a piece of plasticard to size and covered his original shield design, after that I took a piece of art for the head of Bahamut (his god), printed it out to size, then traced it onto a piece of cardstock, then traced that onto another piece of plasticard and glued the cardstock/plasticard together and flipped it over so that the cardstock was attached to the shield and fit better. It was originally facing to the left, this just flipped it to face right so it'd fit the shield size better.

post-7987-0-08182200-1415986136_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-55215700-1415986137_thumb.jpg

A couple of WIP pics of the paladin himself - 

post-7987-0-78500500-1415986138_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-31922300-1415986140_thumb.jpg

Back to the shield -

post-7987-0-04970100-1415986142_thumb.jpg

Oswald (Ned) is currently slathered with brown liner and the paladin has some more paint on him, just forgot to take pics late last night.

C&C Welcomed and Appreciated!

• Like 16

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you make something awesome! OH WAIT YOU DID! Looks very good sir, I look forward to the updates!

what shade of blue is that?

Thanks! I'm hoping to get this done tonight, so updates will all come at one time later on this evening for this WIP thread and then a quick show-off thread. They won't be my normal Table-top + to low display, I'm shooting for table top quality only here.

The blue... I base-coated with RMSP Deep Ocean, then added in some RMSP Breonne Blue to darken it up, and then RMSP Nightmare Black thinned and glazed over the shield and into the recesses/shadows of his cape.

• Like 1

How about you make something awesome! OH WAIT YOU DID! Looks very good sir, I look forward to the updates!

what shade of blue is that?

Thanks! I'm hoping to get this done tonight, so updates will all come at one time later on this evening for this WIP thread and then a quick show-off thread. They won't be my normal Table-top + to low display, I'm shooting for table top quality only here.

The blue... I base-coated with RMSP Deep Ocean, then added in some RMSP Breonne Blue to darken it up, and then RMSP Nightmare Black thinned and glazed over the shield and into the recesses/shadows of his cape.

Awesome thank you for the detail. I have had some good fortune with shadow steel mixed with black ink then watered down as a glaze for metallic's!

• Like 1

A few more WIP pics. I didn't get a chance to finish these Friday night and Saturday I was busy all day with gaming and other stuff. So I'm going to try to get these done over the next few days now since there's no big last minute hurry.

I see a bunch of touch-ups to make here, going to darken the silver armor while I'm at it. 

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

Here's his base, which is from Secret Weapon, I just painted it up to be a city cobblestone color.

IMG_1850.JPG

• Like 3

The other night I got the Dragonborn Paladin pretty much done. A few tiny touch-ups, sealing him, and then taking proper show-off pics is all that's left. Please keep in mind this is like 4-5 hours of work and "speed painting" for me, so he's not nearly up to snuff for what I usually like to do, but with so many things on my desk and him being a figure for table-top use, I figure I need to do more of these speed paints. C&C are welcomed and appreciated!

Tonight I'll try to get most of Oswald (Ned) done and start work on the third figure which is a human bard.

post-7987-0-07272400-1416420718_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-44870100-1416420719_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-70455100-1416420721_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

New WIP of Oswald (Ned)!

Got his face/skin pretty much done now. Probably the best eyes I've ever done actually, kind of funny that I got them that good with my first try and this is a speed paint attempt.

post-7987-0-96361600-1416465171_thumb.jpg

Skin colors (all RMSP): Olive Skin Shadow, Flesh Wash, Tanned Highlight, and Golden Highlight

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 4