CAV: SO Friday Feature [11/14/2014]

CAVBOSS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cavish" sounds like Yiddish slang for something, am I right? "Eh, ignore him, he's such a cavish."

I quite like the fighter. It's like a Tsuiseki shrunk down, given extra wings and with a giant rocket for a butt. Reminds me of the design philosophy of the Spitfire: "How big an engine can we make fly, and how fast???"

Hmm...the model's decent, can see some stylistic similarities to the Dragonfly, but I am a bit surprised. CAV has always made a distinction between aerospace and starfighters in the past; while most models could function in vacuum, it was at least implied that most aircraft were not spaceworthy (with a few exceptions in the APC department--the Baron, for example, is called out as being capable of multiple surface-to-orbit and orbit-to-surface transitions). The same example notes that it was under attack by Fenris in the atmosphere and unnamed aerospace fighters in orbit. Guess that's changed (that, or the background is the most spectacular night sky ever).

Ah, okay. I had just generally been assuming most gunships were not dually-capable, given that the models previously called out were heavy APCs specifically known for mounting a massive breeder. But I suppose for most models the limiting factor in examples like the one I mentioned could be sufficient fuel to repeatedly make the surface-to-orbit transition, rather than propulsion capability in space.