Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Gizmodo: "We're Done With Kickstarter."

The Mr said something cute about kickstarter. He said I spent more on dark sword than I did bones 2. I just smiled.

I spent much more on bones 2.

• Like 9

And you still are able to get deliveries?! Excellent!

At least now I know where you KS money comes from.

They make decent tips. What can I say?

• Like 2

A comprehensive response to this 32-month-old article today by a regular Backer.

http://lxg-blog.blogspot.com/2014/11/kickstarter-broke-internet.html?m=1

Good read.

I thought so too.

Kickstarter is, frankly genius for a lot of things. It's brilliant for companies like, oh I don't know, how about that miniatures company from Texas, the one with the cute company mascot, and the disturbing forum mascot? Who have a solid background already, to launch ahead with something to help them grow. It's also great for people with good ideas, but limited capital to get something rolling. Unfortunatley, it's like eBay. Lots of really good, a lot of rather silly and stupid, and a fair number of outright crooks, and as P.T. Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute", and in this day and age most of them are on the internet.

Agreed. Hence why, as a first-time Backer, I did what I thought I should... back what I have enjoyed greatly for many years. ^_^

And for puppies... and cuddling... can I be the puppy?

No, I'm kidding! Please don't throw that tomato, please.....

/throws tomatoes

• Like 3

I know how much, I just can't say or he'll see and put me in the basement with the pizza guys.

Ironically, she is always in the basement because we live in a basement apartment. As for the pizza guys...I had no clue we had a collection of them. The things she keeps from me!!!!!

• Like 5

I'm not even going to look at how much I have spent on KS.  Because then I will have to be all responsible.

I really shouldn't have just done the maths...

• Like 3

$3817.84 since 4/17/2012, not counting some of the post-kickstarter pledge manager add ons. You can see why I plan to cut back. WAY BACK.

• Like 3

I've given up looking on Kickstarter for stuff I don't care about! This is an extension of my EARTH SHATTERINGLY CYNICAL WORLD WEARY SARCASTIC BRILLIANT MISUNDERSTOOD HATED IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL TO NOT HATE IT decision to:

not browse the web for things I don't care about

not watch things I don't care about on TV

not buy things I don't want to buy, and, truly my most hip and edgy decision, hold onto your hats SHEEPLE coz I'm'a ROCK YOUR TINY NARROW SHEEPLE WORLD

not listen to music I hate.

I AM SO TOTALLY ONE OF THE COOL KIDS NOW.

I'm pretty sure that to be one of the cool kids you have to like exactly the same things that all the other cool kids like, and for exactly as long. I think that's actually a definition.  <_<

• Like 1

$3817.84 since 4/17/2012, not counting some of the post-kickstarter pledge manager add ons. You can see why I plan to cut back. WAY BACK.

You're way more responsible than I am.  :lol:

• Like 1