Sign in to follow this  
elfonamouse

Giant Bats

Can anybody recommend a good figure for a Giant Bat Miniature (28mm scale)?  Could be a plastic kids toy doesn't have to super realistic.  I'm also looking for a giant fly same scale.

Have an encounter planned where my players will be flying on giant insects and are attacked by the bats.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Well reaper has DDM has a dire bat min and I think Iron Wind has a giant bat with jungle goblins  riding it. Also I'm pretty sure reaper has a large bat min that is quite nice.  as for the fly, that I'm not sure on.

Can anybody recommend a good figure for a Giant Bat Miniature (28mm scale)?  Could be a plastic kids toy doesn't have to super realistic.  I'm also looking for a giant fly same scale.

Shame you didn't ask a month ago. Lots of offerings out there for Halloween. Still, some Dollar stores still have some bugs and such available in their toy isles. Some party stores might have some stuff like that too.

How big of a bat? Man sized, 'Large' or 'Huge'?

How big of a fly? Man sized, 'Large' or 'Huge'?

• Like 1

That Reaper bat is bigger than I expected!  I bought a couple for an adventure I'm doing in the near future, and was quite surprised when I saw them in person.  Their wingspan is easily 3 inches across, and they are 2 inches from front to back.  The base itself, however, is still a 1 inch base, though I'm probably going to glue it onto a 2 inch base to make it balance a little bit better.

I'd really only wanted a man-sized bat, but I'll find a way to make these beasts work for me.

Next time Halloween rolls around watch the stores. You can generally find plastic bats in multiple scales, not to mention plastic insects, spiders, rats, and other critters small enough to be giant minis.

I got a giant centipede for a PC to ride that way.

There are also high end plastic animal toy manufacturers. Safari Ltd. has a brown bat, although with a 25+ cm wingspan it may be too large. Schleich makes a bat. Papo may as well, I don't know.

I Like the rubber bats Spirit Halloween offers, About right for large size class, nice wing membrane detail, fairly realistic head shapes (half pug faced, half flying fox shaped). No photos for either of those, all at the gaming host's house. I think AMSCAN, Party City's supplier has a similarly molded Neon Bat pack with a flying fox face, Sadly the Amscan Super Mega Mix's bats have a # like cross hash for wing texture. Other than that flaw, they'd look OK on a 2" base with the right elevation so their 110mm wingspan didn't bother other figs on the table.

wingscleshot_zps6e3adcee.jpg

Edited by scorpio616