Inarah

Paint Binge Challenge, Nov 27- Dec 1 2014

Got my box o' villagers - I've already whittled them off, so I'm commencing priming ATM. Maybe I'll pick out colors for a few and basecoat them today & tomorrow - that's only a little cheaty, surely?

On another note, my sample paint is spot on deadrose red (or whatever it's called, I can't read the bottle anymore - the promo color). Thank god, because I love that color x1000, but was hesitant to use it for anything big for fear of running out. It was weird, because I squeezed some out, wiped it, looked at it, went "that's deadrose," got my bottle of deadrose to compare, and it is exactly the same. <3

• Like 3

Got my box o' villagers - I've already whittled them off, so I'm commencing priming ATM. Maybe I'll pick out colors for a few and basecoat them today & tomorrow - that's only a little cheaty, surely?

Nope, prep and priming is not only allowed, but encouraged. 

• Like 2

My plan is to go through my still mostly-unpainted vampire box from the first KS and grab a handful of minis I could never see myself painting in.. ever. And then doing something strange to them. I think I'll paint one of the hellborn blue and rainbow-colored in honor of Aard, lol.

• Like 2

fanguad, do I see Natsumi and Miyuki in the middle of that pile?

You do indeed.

Looks like some of those would be quick to finish. 

Some of them are sitting in the mental-paralysis stage - I don't want to start the step where I could ruin all my work up until that point.  Others are in the "I don't want to do all the necessary blending" stage.  Hopefully I can kick myself in the butt and actually work on them.

• Like 1

I'm not putting up a lineup. I'm hopefully going to finish my Galleon and my Rogues Gallery. Those will be my main focus...of course, if Lenore doesn't come in, I can't finish the WIP...

• Like 2

my line-up is whatever I feel like painting. Though apparently Kaladrax must be started according to my mother So I guess I will begin working on him as well.

• Like 2

I haven't picked out a line up yet.  Most likely I will start with the figures that are juuuust about done.  Namely my Overlords that just need straps and touchups, Rocky, the large earth elemental that needs some shading, detailing and crystals.  I've got plenty of primed figures as well.  And Bones.  And my RCon entry (might not be the best choice for a binge, but I could finish assembling it).  And I want to do a few practice bases since I don't really base anything.

Guess I should take some pics tonight of my line-up. Doubtful that I'll get through more or two, but that'd be a great start with only a month to do 7-8 figures to a high quality for the diorama. I'll probably enter it into a contest as well.

Started prepping my minis for the binge painting. I have 45  almost ready. One might sit to the side as he has tons of flash and will need even more cleaning up