Inarah

Paint Binge Challenge, Nov 27- Dec 1 2014

Okay.  Paint Binge weekend begins (for me) right now.  Here's my lineup:

OHyRNV1l.jpg?1
6 dwarven ruffians.  Honestly if I get these guys done the weekend is a success.  It'll be the fastest I've completed this many figures.

WI0K7xZl.jpg

Stretchgoal #1: Duergar clan.  I will need this for my current D&D adventure, so they are "must-paint soon."  There are other more pressing minis, but none primed, so I'll do these first.

5i7kamel.jpg
Stretchgoal #2: 5 Paladins.  I was going to use these for my current D&D adventure, but my players did not go where I wanted them to go, so I have no immediate purpose for them.  I love the sculpts, though, so if some miracle occurs and I get all that other stuff done, I'll move on to this.

O56ee4al.jpg

Stretchgoal #3: Troll and Beholder WIPs.  Now, I'm really not going to make it this far.  But here are the only partially painted figures I own.  They're here for an honorable mention, more than anything.  I'll finish 'em when I have need of them.

Happy painting!!!  Wish me a steady hand and focused eye.

• Like 5

So....Aard follows the motto of:

"It's not a successful painting session until there's paint on the figure, paint on the ceiling, paint on the face, paint on the family pet, etc"?

I have a docket of about six or seven...but that's cause I work tomorrow (maybe someone can shoot me so I can call in "dead"... it's just a flesh wound!)

• Like 3

So this thread suffices as the official chatter thread for this? Works for me... Starts at 6pm today?

• Like 1

Well, I started up two more miniatures rather work on stuff I have :P.

One is a Darksword that I'd kind of forgotten about - he'd been cleaned but not primered.  I'm going to try to get him done in time to send him to my parents as a Christmas present.

The other is my Secret Sophie exchange miniature.  My partner's favorite color is one that I don't work with often, so I'm going to make that a theme color.

I got down primer plus cloak basecoat on those two, plus the Okko mini that was primered up above.

• Like 2

So this thread suffices as the official chatter thread for this? Works for me... Starts at 6pm today?

Yes, this is the chat and photo thread. 

Started at 12.01am this morning. I'm already painting. 

• Like 3

I'm in this year! Though I already have stuff to do outside the house every day this weekend :(

I started by pinning 'Cornrow', an Infinity Nomad gunner, to his cork to be primed. Hopefully after Turkey I can get the other Infinity model (the CSU) pinned to her cork.

Then my plan is to touch up Rollo and base him. Ideally I'd like to get Noreth based as well. He requires some sculpting for the base, and I need to fill gaps for the CSU's arms and hopefully a base for her as well.

Rough outline: pinning; painting; sculpting; basing.

• Like 2

I'm here! I'm painting! It's 0748 in Hawaii, and I've decided to forgo working on Galleon to get some of these smaller projects off my desk. Starting with Constance Blaize and Gallant:

post-7145-0-70002000-1417111343_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Started with the low hanging fruit. This was partially base coated, but I changed the color scheme. There's about 3 hours in this.

89007: Valeros, Iconic Fighter

post-3776-0-76349500-1417113464.jpg

• Like 5

I've got a mostly done mini for a PC in the D&D game that we'll be playing on Saturday...  I'll be here with you guys tomorrow since I've made that "finish the mini already!" day.  ^_^

If I'm very lucky I'll get enough time to work on something else that's half done on my shelf. 

• Like 2

I am at the in-laws today and tomorrow, but hopefully I can get something painted Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 3

I'm working! I took a cue from yous guys and set out the stuff on which I aim to work. No pic yet, though. Got a couple more things to prime and get in the queue, including my Sophie Christmas ornament. Doubt I'll get that much done, but I'll be prepared for the rest of the calendar year, at least.

• Like 1