Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. That such a WONDERFUL piece is also a testament to your Faith is a moving experience that I had not previously encountered in the realm of miniatures. You have made a joyful sound unto the Lord. VERY WELL DONE!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not words to describe how much I love this image, and how much joy I have had in watching this come together. You are truly blessed with talent, and this piece would be a delight to have and should be displayed prominently. Especially at this season that is upon us.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done ma'am

Edited by Limey72
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, what a joy to see this finished! This is a truly beautiful piece, you've done great work on it MamaGeek! Thank you for sharing it with us ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way awesome!  St. Mary has a bit of a Maria von Trapp sort of twirl to her pose, which I think is actually very effective for the subject matter.  Well done to both you and Andy!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Joy!  I'm speechless.  The tone and mood you set with the lighting is fabulous.  I just don't know what to say.  It is beautiful! What a wonderful gift to find this at the opening of my Advent preparations. :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rob Dean
      I spent lunches last week on these two stands of Saxons for the Osprey Game Dux Bellorum, in which each stand is a unit on its own.  All of the figures are home cast, mostly Prince August with a few spearmen from Dutkins Collectables. For the Saxon army, I'm doing it all with home cast figures, partly as an excuse for having the molds, partly as an artistic challenge. Practically speaking, there's probably more individualization and detail work than is actually necessary for a mass tabletop unit, but I like to err on the extra side...
       

       

       

    • By Beagle
      Zombies in various historical uniforms (No British uniforms of course, we're always the goodies)
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/dead-through-time-28mm-undead-zombie-historical-mi?ref=discovery&term=zombie historical
    • By Rob Dean
      With my British infantry unit done, I finally sat down this morning to get started on French Revolution project expansion unit #2 (of 7+).  This time it's British cavalry, and with the rules we'll be using (A Gentleman's War), the default cavalry unit is six figures.
       

       
      My recent casting sessions have produced the parts, so it's now a case of assembling them into some semblance of what I'm looking for:
       

       
      I see that I will be going back to file off even more of the original lapels and lace from the basic casting, and I'm going to try to add the rest of the helmet crest with some green stuff before painting.  
       
      I built up the first figure as a test this morning.
       

       

       
       
       
    • By Rob Dean
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86590-40mm-french-revolutionary-wars-british/
       
      As described above, finished up today...
       

       
      Now on to the next unit...
    • By Rob Dean
      As I posted the other day, I have been inspired to put in some work on my 40mm Renaissance project, for the first time in six years or so.
       
      After doing the visual inventory, I concluded that what I most immediately needed was more pikemen.  So, digging through my bags of raw castings, I pulled out a dozen pikemen base figures and a few other near term wishes.  
       
      I haven't done the metal work on these figures in a while, so I warmed up with a second need, putting together three figures to form a command stand for lighter infantry, and then went on to do four of the easier pike conversions.  The basic body is a halberdier, but it's very difficult to get the halter to cast properly, and, since I don't need it anyway, I realized a few years ago that I could insert a heavy wire into the mold in the hollow intended to become the halberd shaft, and pull it out (usually ) once the casting was cool.  
       
      That basically gives you two ring hands into which to insert a brass wire pike.  I have a small stash of 1/16" brass "curling wire" in 12" lengths, so it made sense to use 4" pikes and get three from a wire.

       
      I had a brief opportunity to work on two of the pikemen at lunch one day this week, and more or less finished one:
       


       
      I used a deliberately toy-like style when I painted the bulk of the figures twenty years ago, and I am not sure that I can match it.  Nevertheless, I am going with a similar look this time, with some deliberately heavy black-lining.  As one can see from the inventory picture, in actual play the figures end up giving an impressionistic effect, so there's not a lot of point in worrying too much about any single figure.  
       
       
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...