ub3r_n3rd

Secret Sophie 2014 CHATTER THREAD!!

Pfft, I'll be locked in a car for 8 hours, painting a mini should be easy.........when we get to the hotel.

Bouno tomato?

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 5

And since people are spreading loves and nots....

Sophies: love the sculpts, but they are special to me and take a lot of time (I have one on my bench for years now just trying to decide in the complete paint scheme)

mouslings: they just don't do anything for me. Too small and the fur is pretty bland

chibis: great for gifts and practicing eyes, not going b in my case of glory though

nudes: not my favorite but sure why not, they can always fit into the dragon bazaar

Good coffee: oh yes!

chocolate: nice but not necessary. I have a local fudge shop and chocolateer in town who can meet my needs (and has some really special molds - my kids got chocolate dinosaurs and rubber duckies for years for easter

Food alergies: none, and I've been exposed to some pretty weird stuff

• Like 3

Food: I like tea and nice chocolates. I also like most baked goods except for cake. I also love mints and mint flavored things. I dislike cinnamon or cherry flavored candies

Sophies: I love Sophie. I find her very interesting. Probably because as GM I have a succubus who likes to show up to tease the players for her amusement. Not hurt or drain them, just tease them.

Mouslings. Not a huge fan of them, but I won't be upset if I wind up with any.

Nudes: I personally do not care. I just won't be putting them out until my nieces and nephew are older (All 3 are under 10 currently)

Food allergy: I highly doubt I'll get anything I'm allergic to. Mostly because it is all seafood. I can eat some fish, but its a pain finding out which won't make me sick. So I avoid all fish and crustaceans (eating lobster is how we discovered some seafood makes me sick)

Halloween Specials: No. I thought some were cute, but the finances did not work out for various reasons.

• Like 4

Food wise: no allergies. Favortie candies are chocolate covered nuts.

Miniature wise: every mini has a place. So no objections to any minis, except the ones I listed on the PM.

--- edit ---

Favorites are miniatures with wings.

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 4

So, question. There's an option here where I could sign up just to send somebody a Christmas package and not actually paint anything, right? Like, 100% a Secret-Santa kind of thing, right?

• Like 5

guess i should help explain too

Food: Chocolates are always good

Sophies: probably don't need any

Chibi: Probably don't need any

Mouslings: Sure, they seem to be fun to paint up

Nudes: preferably not

Food allergies: None

Halloween specials: Don't need any, they're not really my style =)

things i do like...dragons, monsters, especially ones in interesting poses or just look really cool  =P

• Like 4

So, question. There's an option here where I could sign up just to send somebody a Christmas package and not actually paint anything, right? Like, 100% a Secret-Santa kind of thing, right?

Okay, found my own answer stated clearly enough.

I guess I'll be in to send somebody something. I figure even if it's a crushing disappointment, at least they'll have something to put in the next time the BoG comes around. :lol:

But hopefully I'll be able to get a good handle on whatever my recipient will be wanting. :unsure:

• Like 3

Okay, found my own answer stated clearly enough.

I guess I'll be in to send somebody something. I figure even if it's a crushing disappointment, at least they'll have something to put in the next time the BoG comes around. :lol:

But hopefully I'll be able to get a good handle on whatever my recipient will be wanting. :unsure:

Yup, gift(s)/unpainted figs, painted exchange, or both.

• Like 3

pcktlnt - I have bought minis simply for the wings.  It's one of the big reasons I failed my will save on the last Darksword KS.  So much goodness!

Marvin, I doubt anyone will be disappointed.  I think nearly every person here paints to some degree.  The first SS I participated in I got a single unpainted fig, and I was very happy. I think the person who drew me had seen this thread where I had asked about odd or unique figures, and he pulled out one of my absolute faves from the list.

Some people prefer not to paint anyway so the person who gets it can choose their own.  I'm sure that's why the awesome coordinators ran the event so that you could participate either way.  I have a feeling they'll try to match like with like whenever possible

• Like 5

Well I guess I should state my preferences as well.

Food: No allergies except kiwis but I do not think any would send those. Not a big fan of chocolate unless it has nuts or something. Hate dark chocolate. Ferrero Rocher are my favorite.

Tea vs coffee: I like coffee but only drink it at work. I prefer tea and hot chocolate. I drink mainly black teas and do not care for fruity ones.

Sophies: Love them and only have the 2014 ReaperCon one.

Chibi: Also love

Mouslings: Love as well but will be getting the Bones set. Also have Lara Kraft and 2014 ReaperCon.

Nudes: Do not mind but I have no use for them.

Halloween specials: Only got Esme

Other miniatures: I prefer Fantasy but I am open to anything.

• Like 4

Wondering why people are putting preferences in this chatter thread. These should all be included in the questionnaire to Fanguad so that your partner(s) know.

If it's just to chat, please ignore this post.

• Like 3

I think it's bandwagon ish chatter because your partner will likely post here and you can still surprise them without having to ask directly over food allergies and such

• Like 4