Secret Sophie 2014 CHATTER THREAD!!

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is a gift-giving event coinciding with Christmastime, is it safe to assume that no one will be offended should I get all wild 'n' crazy and actually wrap the gift, prior to mailing of course, in seasonally appropriate paper?

I did a bit of researching on this, and it sounds like if you're planning to wrap the whole box in gift wrap, it's best to then wrap the box in some sturdy plain brown paper (like a brown paper grocery bag). Then, also make sure to put the address on both the brown paper and right onto the box itself, so that if the paper gets torn on the conveyor belt, the address can still be found. :)

However, if you're just planning to wrap the stuff inside, THEN put it in a box, you should be fine. :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Since this is a gift-giving event coinciding with Christmastime, is it safe to assume that no one will be offended should I get all wild 'n' crazy and actually wrap the gift, prior to mailing of course, in seasonally appropriate paper?

I did a bit of researching on this, and it sounds like if you're planning to wrap the whole box in gift wrap, it's best to then wrap the box in some sturdy plain brown paper (like a brown paper grocery bag). Then, also make sure to put the address on both the brown paper and right onto the box itself, so that if the paper gets torn on the conveyor belt, the address can still be found. :)

However, if you're just planning to wrap the stuff inside, THEN put it in a box, you should be fine. :D

Huzzah!

Nah, I'm talking wrapped stuff inside the postal package. Because, yeah, I get worried too much can go wrong, wrapping the outsides. :upside:

• Like 4

I wrapped the Canadian box of goodies in orange printer paper and taped the corners all around the box...  It made it across Canada without a single rip.  So as long as you use sturdy paper and copious amounts of packing tape it can get there unscathed.

• Like 4

Partner received (yesterday), and for some reason I've decided to paint 3 minis. I really don't know what I'm thinking.

lol I'm painting two, so at least we're both in the crazy boat!  ^_^

After visiting my FLGS yesterday, I discovered that they have a small, though very interesting, selection of OOP Reaper figs. HHHHMMMMM....  :ph34r:

Huzzah!

• Like 6

mmm....OOP minis!  The closest game store to me (a little more than an hour away) sometimes has ones like that.  I pick them up when I can because often they're fun oddities that you don't get to see.  Last year my recipient got a P-65 in the package because I went on a spree when they were no longer available here, but FRP had them on sale.  I like including something you can't just log in to the site and pick up on your own. 

• Like 5

I feel somewhat (okay, heavily) intimidated by my SS partner.   I'm scared to paint something compared to this person's awesomeness.... :/ 

Pfft, don't feel that way. Everyone has different skill levels on the forum and we all know it. I'm willing to bet they will like anything you paint up for them.

• Like 3

I feel somewhat (okay, heavily) intimidated by my SS partner.   I'm scared to paint something compared to this person's awesomeness.... :/ 

Lol... well now I know that you don't have me!  No one is intimidated with my skills (or lack thereof)...

That said... one of my requests was that I didn't get one of our awesome level painters (and yes you guys know who you are).... I'd seriously be nervous doing my barely tabletop standard (even when trying really hard) for some of them!

Edited by kay13
  • Like 2

Don't worry - your person is super-awesome (not that the rest of you aren't) and will appreciate your miniature.  Just do your best and have fun.

• Like 4