Secret Sophie 2014 CHATTER THREAD!!

ub3r_n3rd

I feel somewhat (okay, heavily) intimidated by my SS partner.   I'm scared to paint something compared to this person's awesomeness.... :/ 

Lol... well now I know that you don't have me!  No one is intimidated with my skills (or lack thereof)...

That said... one of my requests was that I didn't get one of our awesome level painters (and yes you guys know who you are).... I'd seriously be nervous doing my barely tabletop standard (even when trying really hard) for some of them!

I'd like to have one of your figures Katie! It's always cool to see the work of others in person.

Besides, you are our like-bombing (webbing) spider, a celebrity!

• Like 3

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel somewhat (okay, heavily) intimidated by my SS partner.   I'm scared to paint something compared to this person's awesomeness.... :/ 

Lol... well now I know that you don't have me!  No one is intimidated with my skills (or lack thereof)...

That said... one of my requests was that I didn't get one of our awesome level painters (and yes you guys know who you are).... I'd seriously be nervous doing my barely tabletop standard (even when trying really hard) for some of them!

Kay, I don't think I've ever seen anything you've done, now that I think about it. You should start painting more.

• Like 5

Kay, I don't think I've ever seen anything you've done, now that I think about it. You should start painting more.

Here you go.

• Like 4

I'm the opposite of kay...I'd love to have a super awesome paint partner to study the piece

Well you did have Dontfear for the Summer Exchange and he's pretty awesome, should ask him for some feedback if you really want it, he gives great feedback.

• Like 3

So while waiting on my order to be pulled, found some stuff I thought was cool so I picked them upfor my pardner. I get home, open my order...umm oopsie...forgot I ordered that, oh and that. May have gone a teeny bit overboard. Just a teeny bit, got some great deals. Plus, when you spend x amount, you get to spin a wheel of awesomness for prizes. I had a good spin today :-D

Depending on how my original choice of painted mini goes, I may paint a second one for my person.

So far current exchange mini has been washed, filed, primered, filed again, washed again, primered. Think I got em all this time. :-)

• Like 4

I'll also provide feedback to anyone who wants it, either in a thread you start or via PM's if you prefer.

I would, too, but I have a hard enough time figuring out what I did, let alone providing feedback for someone else. Look at Mizuchi...no way could I recreate that paint job.
  • Like 3

I worry about that every time I join one of these. One day I'm going to be sending to a master level painter, and it's just going to be embarrassing.

But that's not going to stop me joining in, and it's a good incentive to keep practising. :-)

• Like 4

I worry about that every time I join one of these. One day I'm going to be sending to a master level painter, and it's just going to be embarrassing.

But that's not going to stop me joining in, and it's a good incentive to keep practising. :-)

My first exchange, I asked to be paired with someone who paints at about the same level as I do. After that, I stopped caring. It's exciting just to give and receive minis.

• Like 6

How a miniature is painted really isn't important to me; it's the fact that it's a gift that was lovingly painted just for me!  ^_^ Plus, since I'm such a slow painter, it's one more awesome painted mini that I can field when we game. I always go to our small collection of painted minis first before the plain white Bones.  ^_^ Also, it broadens my mind as to different color combinations/painting techniques/ways to modify minis that I never would have thought of before.  ::):

@ub3r - Wait, I thought fangaud picked yours and you picked his...?  :huh:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

In case it helps my sender, I figured I would continue the practise:

Coffee/grinder: Don't drink coffee, and sending any food to NZ other than "confectionary" (chocolate) is a bad idea anyway. :-)

Sophies: Yes - I've only got one, and do quite like them.
Mouselings: Painted, yes - unpainted, no thank you, I'm getting plenty with the Bones 2 delivery.
Nudity: No problems.
Allergies: Crayfish, but if you try to send that to NZ you deserve to be shot. :-)
Halloween specials: Sure.
Chibies: No thanks. 
Paints/paintbrushes etc: Brushes, yes - paint, no thanks.
Bones/resin/metal: Happy with anything - bones/resin tend to be easier on the international shipping charges. :-)
  • Like 5