Secret Sophie 2014 CHATTER THREAD!!

ub3r_n3rd

Chocolate can spoil, but the white powdery stuff on the outside is the wax separating from the cocoa mix. The part that spoils is the cocoa oil, which can go rancid like any other food oil. However, it takes years for that to happen.

No, I mean I've gotten chocolate that was white and powdery all the way through. Granted it was in an MRE, and those things are pretty gross to begin with, but still...

• Like 3

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures!! 

I'm pretty sure I didn't sign up to paint something for someone, but an adorable swamp dragon ended up in my box.  :ph34r:  Plus lots of chocolate to keep me from getting too stressed during the pre-Christmas madness.  And an awesome assortment of minis from a Hill Troll to a Gnomish Bee Rider to an Egyptian-style invoker that I somehow never noticed in the catalog before.  I'm super-excited to paint up the Bee Rider, I've been assured that if it gets painted then it will end up in a game somehow:wub:

And if that wasn't enough, Dave included paint, namely Brass Balls, Blighted Gold, Coal Black and Armor Wash.  I'm pretty sure I've seen him make extensive use of those colors, which explains why every time I try to go buy some the stores are sold out. 

THANK YOU!! 

^_^::D::B):

post-12219-0-35168100-1418270784_thumb.jpg

post-12219-0-03143900-1418270803.jpg

• Like 12

Pictures!! 

I'm pretty sure I didn't sign up to paint something for someone, but an adorable swamp dragon ended up in my box.  :ph34r:  Plus lots of chocolate to keep me from getting too stressed during the pre-Christmas madness.  And an awesome assortment of minis from a Hill Troll to a Gnomish Bee Rider to an Egyptian-style invoker that I somehow never noticed in the catalog before.  I'm super-excited to paint up the Bee Rider, I've been assured that if it gets painted then it will end up in a game somehow:wub:

And if that wasn't enough, Dave included paint, namely Brass Balls, Blighted Gold, Coal Black and Armor Wash.  I'm pretty sure I've seen him make extensive use of those colors, which explains why every time I try to go buy some the stores are sold out. 

THANK YOU!! 

^_^::D::B):

You're welcome! I'm super glad you like them.

• Careful with the bee's legs, they're pretty fragile (I went through two sets to get them in the position I wanted).
  • The invoker was a gem I found on an "SKU Up" search, as was the troll.
  • I do actually make extensive use of those colors, and you mentioned that you never got around to investing in P3 paints, so I went ahead and popped a few of the more useful colors in there.
  • The swamp dragon is a BONUS! mini. I like to paint, had picked him up and painted him, and then was like, "Why not?"

Is the resin pulling away from the base on the swamp dragon? That's kind of upsetting. I'm sorry, I thought I let him cure long enough. Hell, he cured for a week...

• Like 3

You'll be good, Jan 15th for sending out deadline if painting anything.

Shhhhh.... I keep trying to convince my subconscious that the deadline is actually Christmas; since I work best when on a deadline, I figure it's better to self-assign a deadline that's before the actual deadline!  :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

You'll be good, Jan 15th for sending out deadline if painting anything.

Shhhhh.... I keep trying to convince my subconscious that the deadline is actually Christmas; since I work best when on a deadline, I figure it's better to self-assign a deadline that's before the actual deadline!  :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

This might help...

Santa is watching and is expecting you to meet the Christmass morning deadline to at least have it in the mail and on the way to your partner! (he does not want to much pressure so only on the way by Christmass   ).  Keep an eye out for tattle tale elves hanging around on shelves...  ^_^

Edited by robinh
  • Like 6

I'm so happy. First off, I am further along in painting that I thought I would be. Second, I was able to get something for my partner that in my mind is perfect. I did not think I could get it as my FLGS had it but are out. Surprisingly I found it at Target today. Hoping to have the package sent out before Christmas.

• Like 4