Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

Mars Attacks: Clear Saucer Stand

Just started with my clear stands.

I bought 1cm clear tubes with 6mm holes. Also bought 6mm clear rods, but they were 6,2mm, so I had a lot of work to get them to fit in the holes.

The next rods will be more clear as this one. In the moment I can put one saucer on 5 Deadzone height level.

I still need to make a base (or use the original one) and get magnets so the saucer on the top can be removed easily.

pic2311944_t.jpg
pic2311946_t.jpg

pic2311949_t.jpg
pic2311949_t.jpg

- Only difference to this picture I made it that I glued a rod filling most of the tube, showing out of the top. In the bottom I can connect other parts.

- The first tube under the saucer is smaller than the others, together with the saucer height (incl. Dome), it reach 3 inch.

- all the other tubes are 3 inch tall.
Edited by Teskal
  • Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling

Thief : Blue Ink base + black ink to show details  (least happy) 
      Cleric : angelic ghost or spiritual weapon spell.  Yellow ink + TMM 
      Ranger: painted by minispawn.  ill take it. Makes a great ghost 
      Wizard: nulin Oil + higlights of green ink  (fav) 
      Fighter: I only painted the base. (represents an invisible PC pretty well.) 

I should talk to @Doug Sundseth about this again, since he is teaching a class on it, probably today.  Not sure im happy with the set. 

• By JGroeling
      Decided to put together a little farmstand scene for a basing project. Split pieces of balsa wood to give a rough lumber approach, now I'm considering how to do painting/sealing on it, as I have minimal experience w Balsa. 

Want to keep all that little wood grain that popped up when I split them visible. Going to paint it slightly darker with acrylic browns, and then some slightly darker spots and lighter drybrush highlights to accentuate the grain. 
      Should I gesso, or stain the balsa before working on it?
      Can I just work straight on it and seal it with a varnish afterwards?

Any balsa wood experience/suggestions appreciated.
    • By Maledrakh
      The Plague affects not only humans, but most animals and many alien sentient races.
      Such as the hitech DinoTurtle-like Teraton.
      The Teraton females are significantly larger than the males, and when infected by the Plague, she grows partially into and partially busting out of her armour, while remaining more or less her normal size.
      These 2nd generation Teratons retain most of their intelligence and function as leaders on the field of battle. I like to call them Terrortons.

Because they are terrifying and weigh a ton!

While at the same time being well ‘ard and quite imposing on the battlefield. They are about the same size as a 1st gen, but not quite as powerful. They are good as secondary leaders and can provide some hard muscle in smaller games where the 1st gen is too costly to bring.

The Terrorton is made in restic and I have mounted it on a 50mm base, like the 1st gen.

Plague Teraton
      for the Plague faction, Warpath and Deadzone games.
      by Mantic Entertainmant
      made in restic PVC
      50mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      The imposing 1st generation plague victim. What happens is that the first person to get infected by the Plague in a given cycle, turns into a horrendous monstrosity, growing several metres in height and width, it’s new massively muscled frame covered in a bio-organic spiky exoarmour. In it’s new form it is extremely intelligent and powerful individual that sets out find others to infect. These new victims turn into the 2nd generations, each much smaller than the 1st gen, but still ogre-sized. These again infect the 3rd gens that we have seen. The 1st and 2nd gens do not use technology or weapons, relying on their rock hard exoarmour and brutally strong claws to do the dirty work.
      I found that for some reason, I had started but not finished painting my 1st gens.
      Two complete repaints later:

The one to the left is the restic standard 1st gen model. The one to the right is a resin kickstarter exclusive freebie for those who spent an obscene amount of cash on the first KS. (of which I remain guilty as charged…)
      One of the resin mini’s fingers had broken off during storage. That’s what happens when it is put loose in a box with other minis, and that box is part of an avalanche in the Mountains of Minis. (At that point I might have said a bad word.)
      I managed to make a new finger by carefully applying some plastic putty in several stages. Can you see which it is?

The resin one is slightly larger than the restic one. I believe the restic shrinks a bit more during casting.

They are painted much the same way as the other plague models I recently have painted:
      Reddish-Brown basecoats, several careful drybrushes with shades of beige and skin, globbing on a generous wash with citadel druuchi violet ink and some carroburg crimson ink in places while the violet is still wet. Two thin coats, pah! Glob it on I say! take care to not let it puddle too much though.
      When dry, drybrush again with several skintones. Some more carroburg crimson here and there for muscle-effect.
      Dot in the eyes and teeth in white over black. red for the tongues.

I mounted them on 50mm lipped round bases I had lying about. Looks much better than the 40mm flats they came supplied with.

Plague 1st generations
      for Deadzone and Warpath.
      by Mantic Entertainment

• By Chris Palmer
      I saw these clear plastic Animals at Target today, and I thought I’d pass along the find thinking somebody might be able to use them for some kind of spell effect or magic animal. There were two sets at my store:  a dinosaur and a safari. They were $3 each, and located in the under $5 area at the front of the store.  The scale varied widely from animal to animal. Some appeared to fit with 28mm figures. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)