Sign in to follow this  
Loim

Color Test: Pumpkin Orange Kobold Skin

The Pumpkin Orange does look pretty good as a Kobold Skin color without it needing to be toned down as much. Who knew? :lol: 

I guess Dsmiles might have.  :bday:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 3

Wow! What a beautiful orange!!! Given my rocky past with Lava Orange (we aren't currently on speaking terms), I think I may learn to love orange again if Pumpkin Orange has coverage as good as your picture seems to imply.  :wub:

What did you use to highlight? It looks really sharp!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Wow! What a beautiful orange!!! Given my rocky past with Lava Orange (we aren't currently on speaking terms), I think I may learn to love orange again if Pumpkin Orange has coverage as good as your picture seems to imply.  :wub:

Huzzah!

It's not great for coverage, but one of the better oranges by far. I found when I was painting up my pumpkin chibis that it took a couple coats to get really good coverage, but it was not bad.

• Like 2

Huzzah!

Shadows are burgundy wine mixed with the base, and highlights were fair highlight mixed with the orange. 

• Like 1

That colour suits the kobold minis.

If I didn't already have an army of Otherworld and old TSR kobolds done up in red I would've painted my Reaper kobolds in this colour.

Yellows and oranges always seem to have coverage issues - anyone know why that is?

I'm considering Pumpkin Orange as goblin skin, myself, on my Bones-conversion Gobbo Blood Bowl team that's in progress. That kobold is a convincing argument for Pumpkin Orange as a skin tone!

Thanks for the shadow & highlight recipes too, very helpful.