SamuraiJack

PoweredBases: Plug&Play LED Kits for Minis and Scale Models

almost funded.. 13 days left

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poweredplaygaming/poweredbases-plugandplay-led-kits-for-minis-and-sc/posts

Our kits make it super simple to add the effects you want. Just drill your holes, run your wires, and plug it in. No more soldering! No more electrical engineering. Just simple lighting options to make your pieces stand out without the headache. Got something that you’ve always wanted to light, but it can only fit a watch battery? We’re building upon our past successful LED launches, and filling the gap for small vehicle and model lighting kits.

What Are You Offering?

1893984165979dde156886291ac95afe_large.jPoweredBase Kit Unwrapped

PoweredBases are the first plug and play option for lighting small models that sit on bases of 40mm or larger. It works with your existing bases, so there’s no need to swap out all of your beautifully modeled pieces

The basic kit comes with:

• Round PC Board with attached watch battery connector (battery not included)
  • 3 single-bulb LED strings with pins attached
  • Several LED Connectors
  • Matching diameter concealer ring
  • 3M Mounting Square
  • Quick Start Guide

Simply put, all you have to do is drill the holes in your model and base, route the wires and plug them in. We kept the connectors off of the wires, to ensure that you only needed to drill the smallest hole possible. Then you just stick the mounting to PC Board and base; and slip the concealer ring over to hide everything. The first size we're creating is 40mm round bases.

You’ll be able to customize your color options to match your army’s color scheme. Currently, we’re developing Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue and Green LED strings but have the stretch goal to expand those color options.

92e1721c7691796f5a6f7caf436661cb_large.j

Hey all!

We just got confirmation from Misterjustin at Secret Weapon miniatures for cost of the translucent resin bases. True to his word of finding an economical price point, we'll be offering them at $10 for a set of 5 bases - either round lip or flat edge.

The only catch, is we have to hit our goal to make them available! You can up your pledge now, or wait to add on, but we have to hit our goal to make sure that we get everything out!

37e4e0bdcd657fc170e0267283e72aab_large.jSecret Weapon Bases lit with PoweredBases

Want to get yours? Share and share alike!

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 2

I don't have time to read completely through their kickstarter but could these be used to light a sign or a lamp as opposed to just the base?

I would think so if the sign or lamp allows for LED insertion.. the wire on the LED seems decently long

Edited by SamuraiJack

Those are really neat, but I know myself well enough that I'd never want to use them because I'd be too worried about draining the batteries.

• Like 1

I'll have to think about this one. The basic buy in is a bit pricey although it would give me everything I need. However, since I'm not going to light a base I think I can achieve what I need with model railroad kits instead, plus timing is going to be a factor. Its on time delivery date would miss one competition and make the next one dicey at best.

Those are really neat, but I know myself well enough that I'd never want to use them because I'd be too worried about draining the batteries.

Does that mean the battery is non-replacable?

I am on the alpha team from the first kickstarter (yeah, way to much "free" money at that time :blink:  :down: ).  I have one of the test pieces for this.  It is really nice, and the battery is easy to replace.  I have not teste just how long it will run, but it should run easily for a game of Warlord...

I am on the alpha team from the first kickstarter (yeah, way to much "free" money at that time :blink:  :down: ).  I have one of the test pieces for this.  It is really nice, and the battery is easy to replace.  I have not teste just how long it will run, but it should run easily for a game of Warlord...

LEDs have a pretty low power draw. Unless they are extremely bright, I would imagine they should last a while. (Of course, I am not an electrical engineer)