• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh! Those minis!

I had one of the sets -- not this one, but the Wolfriders and their wolves. I miss that set!

These are beautiful. You did a great job on them, and I hope they are well received.

• Like 2

These are very well done Paul! I'm sure the gift from her father will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you ub3r...I appreciate your comment(s) and feedback.

These old eyes are not as sharp as they used to be and the hands not so steady anymore...but the father really liked the finished set when I showed it to him last night.

• Like 3

Oh my gosh! Those minis!

I had one of the sets -- not this one, but the Wolfriders and their wolves. I miss that set!

These are beautiful. You did a great job on them, and I hope they are well received.

Thank you Pingo! The father saw them last night and said that he was very happy with the set!

I think that these were some beautiful sets...I just wish they had been done in the current modern miniature size!

• Like 5

Snake thing = "Madcoil," a horrible monster that happened when wild magic fused an enormous python to a very large hunting cat. It ate elves and humans, among other things. 

I had the first boxed set, the Wolfriders, back in the day. Still got Cutter and Leetah, but the others are lost amidst the sands of time. I'd love to have them all back again... and didn't Julie Guthrie sculpt those, back in the day?

And yes, the elves in particular were TEENY, since they were half the size of humans, and the humans were, if I recall, true 25mm.

• Like 4

Snake thing = "Madcoil," a horrible monster that happened when wild magic fused an enormous python to a very large hunting cat. It ate elves and humans, among other things. 

I had the first boxed set, the Wolfriders, back in the day. Still got Cutter and Leetah, but the others are lost amidst the sands of time. I'd love to have them all back again... and didn't Julie Guthrie sculpt those, back in the day?

And yes, the elves in particular were TEENY, since they were half the size of humans, and the humans were, if I recall, true 25mm.

Dr. Bedlam...You are correct (the snake thing is Madclaw)...You are also correct about the sculpture; it is/was Julie Guthrie. She was the sculpture for the entire set of 5 boxes (Wolfriders I, Journey To Sorrow's End, Personalities, Wolfriders II and Quest To Blue Mountain)...all released by Ral Partha.

The sets were released as 25mm miniatures...but the actual sizes varied...the above set figure sizes were (not counting the bases)...24mm, 18mm, 19mm, 30mm, 25mm, 22mm, 26mm and Madclaw at 35mm.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.