Videogame Cake Toppers

odinsgrandson

Here are a few of my recent cake toppers.  While most of the cake toppers I do are zombie survivors, there's still plenty of room for other realms of geekdom.

In this case, here are several that are based on favorite videogames.

(Actually, the spartan in blue was a cosplayer who often wears that outfit to conventions as well).

topper-33.jpg

topper-37.jpg

topper-12.jpg

topper-10.jpg

• Like 18

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      My project for August (and probably September) is to paint up some of the pile of terrain pieces in my collection.  I've been busy washing, scraping mold lines, and priming this week.  Some of what's ready: 

Bones altar, tomb, arch, spider throne and graveyard fences:

Pile of stones that came with a dragon (not sure which one).  Want to use this as a test piece before I open DDS2.

Octopus fountain, a 3d print that was a gift from a friend. I got primer and a base coat on it but wasn't sure where to go from here:

Spartan statue (there are 2), Halloween spooky tree, and a creepy statue that I forgot to clean and prime.  I'm not sure if it is supposed to lean like that, and if not, if I want to correct that. 

There will be more later.  My first goal is to do the arch and fence pieces.  There is one more small fence which was miscast, I am working on it with greenstuff. 

• By Valthorn_Illian
      Got just a few touch ups and he'll be done. It's my first large scale mini and the first time I've ever used an airbrush to get work done. I think he turned out pretty good.

Pardon the low quality of my pics, my light box decided to break and my phone camera is crap.
    • By MojoBob
      Here's the translucent Bones 77305 Gelatinous Cube. Being translucent, it's a bit of a tricky thing to photograph.

I haven't put any paint on the cube itself at all; I've seen some translucent figures that have been tinted in various ways in an attempt to bring out the detail, but in my opinion the results are seldom successful.

It comes in three parts; two for cube itself, which I joined with clear silicon sealer, and one for what is supposed to be the contents of its last meal, a rather nice pile of skeletonized adventurers and their gear. I painted them in very high contrast, in the hopes that some of the detail would be able to be seen through the cube's walls....

The hapless adventurers are supposed to form the base of the creature, but they're completely wasted as a model that way, as once they're inside the thing they can only be made out as a blurry, formless blob.

So instead, I've kept them separate, and they'll come in useful as dungeon dressing. A pile of skeletonized corpses will always come in handy.
    • By odinsgrandson
      My wife told me that it is her favorite of the toppers I've made.  I suppose she's not alone in that, since another couple requested one.
      Here they are.  I'll probably need to make one to keep sometime, maybe for our anniversary (we decided that Cortana was a good enough name for our daughter, after all).