Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Villagers

A couple I finished last weekend.  The Bones Mother with Children I guess was discontinued because she has no-nose syndrome. 

post-3776-0-09045800-1416784090_thumb.jpg

Court Musician from one of the Egyptian Harem fundraisers. 

post-3776-0-93632000-1416784109_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Love them both.

My mom also had some jaw cancer that needed reconstructive surgery. It looks like you did a good job with painting to help over come the lack of features.

The egyptian musician is very nice too. Very good selection of colors.

Does she nose what's going on with her face? Nice work here ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWwEryYc3Q

So one of my campaign encounters calls for a skeleton playing a violin. I had a few ideas on how I could go about accomplishing this. Modifying a skeleton miniature to hold a violin. Then I found this mini. I really wish they had a version that wasn't metal for this miniature though.

The mini in question is supposed to be the boss of an encounter the players run into which leads into bigger plots later. In short though its supposed to be dripping a black ichor from the eyes to make it scarier and to emphasis the point "this is a powerful enemy" and not just some random skeleton bard.

The actual painting went along the lines of

White base coat, followed by coloring the violin and leather straps brown, the metal armor black, i did a wash of brown followed by a black to give contrasting colors of dirt and mold. I also added a small amount of a lighter blue as a wash to the violin and bow to make it contrast ever so slightly from the rest of the mini and to hopefully give it a sort of magical look. That last part didn't succeed like I had hoped but it was a good lesson in what does and what does not work.

I know the base needs something else to make it pop. This mini isn't "finished" yet for that very reason but im not sure how i want to finish the base of the mini. Probably some dirt. because dirt is always a good choice for a graveyard. I really should change my name to the "painting horror minis channel" because its an unintentional theme.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Woah oh oh, listen to the music...

Kev!
    • By korimar
      Skeleton Musician 1 and The Thing in the Crypt from the Bears Head Miniatures Kickstarters

• By Glitterwolf
      For my Children of the Grave Project I'm building a Gothic style Undead army with some Demon allies.

Here is the Necropolis Command Group I will use as a Command for a regiment later.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&

• By Cassu
      I attended PAX Aus this weekend on the Saturday and Sunday and stopped by the Reaper Paint and Take area on both days! I was excited since I didn't get to spend any time there last year.

Saturday I entered the speed painting competition, we were given an hour to paint the Townsfolk Mom and Kids. It was such a fun challenge! I won! 

I won an amazing little medal! Eeee! I was so flattered.

The next day I also entered the 'paint and take' competition, which was to sit down and paint a miniature on the day. I spent two hours painting upthis Bones Terezinya figure:

And I won another trophy! I had so much fun, and everyone working hard at the Paint and Take area did such an amazing job. It was an amazing weekend. I don't often get to paint around other people or be exposed to so much Reaper-y goodness! One day I will make it to Reaper Con, one daaaay!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 242 Guests (See full list)