Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

Reaper 03485: Alfred Redlute (Gendrick the Bard) WIP

Getting started on this guy with a bit of a conversion/addition. This is Reaper Figure Alfred Redlute (SKU# 03485) which I'm painting up (speed paint table-top quality) for our bard named Gendrick.

This guy looks a LOT like Steven Tyler from Aerosmith!

Anyhow got the information tonight on what colors he wants used and he's all primed up and ready to go.

Colors will be:

Hair - Dark Brown

Eyes - Dark Brown

Skin - Slightly Tanned

Tunic - Browns

Shirt - Green

Pants - Dark Green with light green stripes

Boots - Black Leather

Lute - Reds with Gold trim

The crossbow will be attached to his back, so that has been primed up as well and pinned so that I can paint it up and then I'll attach after everything is painted. No plans for the basing yet, but it'll probably be something simple like an inn wood floor as he travels around and plays for his food/drink/lodging.

post-7987-0-43911300-1416813105_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-17250400-1416813106_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-16500300-1416813107_thumb.jpg

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 10

You need to tie some silk scarves on his crossbow, and give him a harmonica. Maybe and elevator-themed base...

• Like 3

Go Ub3r Go...

Brilliant idea adding a crossbow....

Hmmm... when you pull the crossbow trigger, does it produce a "#G, B or C"... 

one of the puzzles of life.

Looking great !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

I like this bard much more than the "waving my lute in the air as I charge with my sword" version of Alfred Redlute.  (Which is lost somewhere in my house.)  ^_^

Did you sculpt the crossbow or is it from a weapons pack?

• Like 1

That's nice that you've already been given a color scheme. My biggest problem is always having to choose colors.

Yeah, I was happy about that since he is for one of the players in my group. I always want to customize as much as possible so I ask for color schemes and anything they want added/removed from the figure for mods.

Go Ub3r Go...

Brilliant idea adding a crossbow....

Hmmm... when you pull the crossbow trigger, does it produce a "#G, B or C"... 

one of the puzzles of life.

Looking great !

Thanks Jay! The xbow he likes to use when he's not using his lute to kill enemies. 

I like this bard much more than the "waving my lute in the air as I charge with my sword" version of Alfred Redlute.  (Which is lost somewhere in my house.)  ^_^

Did you sculpt the crossbow or is it from a weapons pack?

Yep, I liked him better than the other version as well. No sculpting, the xbow is from Reaper Weapons Pack 1.

• Like 1

Here's what I ended up doing last night, about an hour of work on his face and hands. Had to re-do the eyes about 3 times to get to this point. Going to do a few more glazes to get a bit more color into it tonight hopefully. My goal is to knock him out before the long weekend so I can get started on the big diorama project for my brother's xmas present.

post-7987-0-00737500-1416846684_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks Jay!

He's definitely a fun little guy to be working on, the plan with the Xbow is to have it pointing upwards at a slight angle across his back. I'm trying to figure out if I need to use some green stuff to build a leather loop to hold it in place to be more realistic and to give it a bit more to hold onto when attached to the figure.

Anyone have thoughts about the xbow?

Working on Gendrick right now. Got a bit more work done for shading on the face and then did his shirt (still need to do buttons) and finally the striped pants! I'm pretty happy with the striped pants actually.

post-7987-0-23508500-1416975984_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-97296400-1416975984_thumb.jpg

C&C welcomed & appreciated!

• Like 9

A bit more, this time on his guitar err lute...

Used Violet Red, HD Brilliant Red, and Rosy Skin Highlight.

post-7987-0-29495700-1416983173_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-26897300-1416983174_thumb.jpg

• Like 4