Stones Dungeon Tiles - Frontline Games

Reaperbryan

I'm just wondering how many tiles I'll need for that variety. Enough to do a medium sized room or two in each alternate tile?

I see the assorted transparent tiles as more of a smaller atmospheric or obstacle feature as opposed to building a whole dungeon out of.

Though I will admit having an entire ice dungeon done up like the liar of the frost giants does have a certain appeal... And would look really cool. -_-

I just don't think I'd use such a large amount of specialty tiles frequently enough to make the financial cost worth it.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think I'd use such a large amount of specialty tiles frequently enough to make the financial cost worth it.

Yeah, that's my thinking too. Getting a bunch of ice tiles for a frost giant lair could be really, really cool as you say, but they might see use only once and you'd have to get another bunch for the lava floor in the fire giant lair in the next campaign.

We now have more options! I added a set of wooden floor tiles. Most of my other additions will probably need to be post KS. Holidays have me tapped. I plan on upping for the cobblestones if they realign them and I'll add for most of the clears. So far I'm sitting at:

1x  Core Set         
 1x  Extra Dungeon Tiles  
 1x  Underlays & Overlays 
 2x  4 Round Columns
 1x  Stones Gaming Mat    
 1x  20 Extra Wooden Floor

952e1ac4a0150fbb9ce3c27c787362f3_large.p

7d1de26e79ef81e9d84a5918f4e31507_large.p

90c6cf74ad355eaa1ce25563c8bae1da_large.p

510e2a2ac6880b8dae60070d62d4bfbe_large.p

3e4ac71dbf7740b048b8f65025054b4e_large.p

Not sure if I'll add a couple dollars so I can get 2 of the new sets of 20 or keep my pledge as it is and just get the extra set of 40 original stones.

If I do add it would probably be for a set of wooded and a set of either the large or small tiles. I'm not too fussed with the cobblestones and I already have a large cobblestone mat from a Christmas village company if I want to do a city/town adventure.

It's a bit frustrating that they haven't unveiled the next stretch goal that is close to being reached even though the goal after that has been shown.

I think we would've reached it by now if they had. There's less than a week to go in this KS so everyday counts to attract as many new backers as possible. Once the transparent tiles goal is achieved I believe there'll be another upwards spike as new backers jump on board. Best to have that happen sooner than later.

We seem to be at the yoyo stage of the campaign, where the pledge amounts go up and down and up and down without actually going anywhere.

I hate this part cause there's always a number of fickle backers who'll drop out of backing a project if they don't always see steady progress.

The large tiles look very modern to my eye. Which isn't a bad thing because I can use modern terrain as well.

Looking at medieval tiling, they look very ornate. So either the painter has to bust out their free hand, or Frontline has to force everyone to use one design in particular.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of free handing in so ornate medieval tiling. :lol: