Stones Dungeon Tiles - Frontline Games

Reaperbryan

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a bunch of the ice/lava, a small set of water and mud, and maybe a few gutter tiles. Honestly, I'll probably use the ice/lava tiles mostly as cracked earth.

Does anybody know if clear plastic cuts as easily as PVC? For some reason I thought it was a harder material.

I can't speak for sure about Frontlines materials, but our clear Cube and Slimes are roughly the same flexibility as the other Bones, given known variances in flexibility there.

I've ended up dropping out.  Between Christmas expenses and the fact that I already have a crap ton of DF tiles, I just can't justify it.

Can't blame you there. If EB backers could have chosen their tile type from the revealed 5 types, that might have kept me more interested since up until now, only the doors and brick columns had me still with this.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Frontline Games 3 days ago
@Nick DeShane. Unfortunately they are only available this way at the moment, I can appreciate the question though and thank you for asking,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Nick DeShane 3 days ago
@Frontline. Any possibility of just paying the $90 as indicated for the new tiles and just selecting one or two types? And getting like 40 of two different kinds or even 80 of one kind? I really like the cobblestone and planks. Not that the tiled ones aren't neat, but they are just not ones I could see myself using. Just curious.
Edited by Frankthedm

I've ended up dropping out.  Between Christmas expenses and the fact that I already have a crap ton of DF tiles, I just can't justify it.

Can't blame you there. If EB backers could have chosen their tile type from the revealed 5 types, that might have kept me more interested since up until now, only the doors and brick columns had me still with this.

That's like saying that early bird Reaper II backers should be able to swap out the "Pulp Action" pack in the core set for the "Oh, Rats" option in the add-ons. They're separate things. The EB Stones Master Builder set is there to support the main style of tile they are trying to bring into production. We're already getting an amazing bonus of Dungeon Furnishings for free with the EB set. It's a steal compared to any other dungeon tile kickstarter. 

• Like 2

Frontline Games are hours late with the stretch goal update again. Am I the only one that feels like all of these late updates is pouring cold water on our enthusiasm? It's strange enough that they didn't have it revealed before we hit it but now it seems unprofessional. By the time they post the update the frustration from all this checking and waiting, checking and waiting some more, will sour the excitement I initially felt about seeing the new items.

It's a great project but it's starting to seem poorly organized. 

The smaller a company the less likely the can have somebody available 24/7 to update things the instant a stretch goal is reached,

and it's also possible they have reached the end of their stretch goals

(or at least the end until they've had a very solid go at financial and timeframe number crunching and talks with whatever producer they are using for the tiles)

• Like 1

Yep. I'm a bit concerned about their planning of this too. With only 5 days to go they should really be unveiling these stretch goals as quickly as possible to get that end of project spike started.

And why introduce the $45K goal, but unveil the $50K? Did they really not have that goal planned? Are they changing their plans mid campaign and scrambling to come up with something? Is it a financial issue?

This kind of delay this late in the campaign is going to generate uncertainty and lack of confidence for both existing and potential backers. I'd hate to see this KS fizzle out.

They are a much smaller shop. Basically just Mario, his wife, and their children.  I have been part of larger projects where we were told updates for goals hit over the weekend would happen on Monday, so I'm not too bothered.

Our enthusiasm can turn inward very quickly and cause us to jump at shadows that simply aren't there.  Let's try to be patient.

You never want to feed frustration or waste enthusiasm in a kickstarter. If this was the first time Frontline Games made us wait to see a reveal for an already reached stretch goal it would be understandable. It starts to look bad if it's done repeatedly on a project with so few goals.

There are no shadows. Just faithful backers waiting again to see another past due reveal. I understand that it's mostly just one guy but that isn't a very comforting reason. I'll wait, but I'm less enthusiastic because of it.

Edit to add: I'm not trying to be harsh. These tiles are awesome but a rash of very janky projects have us looking much closer at kickstarters than we used to. This is an expensive project to back right before Christmas. There are lots of reasons to hesitate and we don't need any new concerns. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Edited by CorallineAlgae

I'm really teetering back and forth with this one. On the one hand, I snagged an early bird, so yay extra furniture stuffs! But on the other hand, the $100 price tag for 80 of the same kind of tile pinches, especially since I want some of the nifty add-ons (cuz 2 wooden tiles just isn't going to cut it). 

With our sudden and unexpected lack of income for January, I'm having to consider pulling out altogether if there isn't a way to pledge at a small dollar amount and just get add-ons. It might be that it's possible to do so now, but there are several add-ons that are only available to the $100 level and up, and I've lost track of which ones are exclusive and which ones can be added on to any level.  :unsure:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I'm really teetering back and forth with this one. On the one hand, I snagged an early bird, so yay extra furniture stuffs! But on the other hand, the $100 price tag for 80 of the same kind of tile pinches, especially since I want some of the nifty add-ons (cuz 2 wooden tiles just isn't going to cut it). 

With our sudden and unexpected lack of income for January, I'm having to consider pulling out altogether if there isn't a way to pledge at a small dollar amount and just get add-ons. It might be that it's possible to do so now, but there are several add-ons that are only available to the $100 level and up, and I've lost track of which ones are exclusive and which ones can be added on to any level.  :unsure:

Huzzah!

I'd suggest messaging Frontline through kickstarter and see if they're able to do anything for you.

• Like 1

I'd suggest messaging Frontline through kickstarter and see if they're able to do anything for you.

I did, and after checking my messages I discovered that they've already gotten back to me. :)

They said that they're working on an add-on level, which is cool. :) Also, that there might be a way to get in on the project after it's done, but that's not a sure thing, they're still looking into it. 

Huzzah!

• Like 1

I did, and after checking my messages I discovered that they've already gotten back to me. :)

They said that they're working on an add-on level, which is cool. :) Also, that there might be a way to get in on the project after it's done, but that's not a sure thing, they're still looking into it.

Huzzah!

They do seem to be very accommodating. They helped me with something I asked them about.
  • Like 1