Stones Dungeon Tiles - Frontline Games

Reaperbryan

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Frontline Games, always a treat to see them at ReaperCon each year. Depending on finances the next few weeks, I may try & back this one.

Could you tell more about Frontline Games? How long have they been in the hobby business?

I'm browsing their webstore and it looks like they have a fair amount of product:

http://frontline-games.com/index.php?id_category=21&controller=category&id_lang=1

Looks like they're using fewer molds than DF, so mebbe that's how they're keeping the costs down. I have the DF tiles, but could use more floor tiles, and hopefully Stones will take care of that. Pretty smart of them to have a plan to "upgrade" their resin molds (eg. pillars) to plastic. 

Thanks for the tip!

I don't suppose anyone would know how these tiles compare to Dwarven Forge size wise? If I can mix and match with what we already have, i would be more interested.

Judging from the video, they are basically the same 2"x2" as DF tiles, but they look maybe a little thinner.

@dsmiles: Hope you can get an advance on your Christmas present for this KS!

Got a response about compatibility: Any 2" X 2" tiles should be compatible with ours. If anything, there may be some slight variation in thickness (as do "real" dungeon stones ;-) but otherwise, we think they should work great together. Thanks for asking!

Nice range of terrain pieces on their website: http://frontline-games.com/index.php?id_category=21&controller=category&id_lang=1&n=69

Any thoughts for the 40K SG? Something with walls would be nice. As someone who has too many 2D tiles, I don't really like specialized pieces (which would add to the mold costs, anyway). I'd rather stick to many simple pieces I don't have to organize, yet have the option of converting if I want. Or, heck, let's have more resin bits from their existing product line...

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

Well, sunuvagun. Outrider Hobbies and MBA are backing this, too! Also that Martin Jones guy.

Usual caveat: One big name could mean just a $1 pledge, but several means if the project goes south, a few other fellas will lose more money than you will. :lol:

Thanks to Oldmanwillow on the DF forums for the eyespy!

Edited by ced1106

Some will warp. A lot of my Bones figures come in warped and I still love them. These should be simple to straighten out if needed and they'll be indestructible. I guarantee that if Reaper came out with a dungeon tile set in Bones most of us would be all over it. Hopefully these guys will be the next best thing. 

I'm sad to hear that Outrider Hobbies is backing this. I question anything that Outrider has any association with. They are the worst company I've ever dealt with. 

I don't see who is backing a project as any kind of an indicator or warning sign of the reliability or integrity of that project.

I would be concerned if they were in any way involved with production, but that does not appear to be the (still tacky) case here.

:ph34r:

• Like 5