I will be traveling most of the day tomorrow, so I won't get a chance to pop on here much if any. I wanted to take a minute out to tell all of you I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving (for those of you who celebrate). Everyone be safe. One of the many things I have to be thankful for this year is the wonderful community here, and everyone who participates. Take care. 

• Like 8
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! I have so much to be grateful for, and this wonderful, hilarious, awesomely kooky community is just one of many. I'm so happy to be a part of this forum family!  :wub:

Mr. Boot and I will be having our very first Thanksgiving with just the two of us; we're actually looking forward to it, since we've never had a major holiday with just us two before. This also means TONS OF LEFTOVERS ALL FOR US!!  ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

Ditto. Happy Get Fat and Not Feel Bad About It Day! I'm going to eat myself silly and spend a lot of time in quite contemplation. Being thankful. For my minis. And paints. And brushes. And time to put the three together.

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving America, I hope you all have a wonderful time.............you've earned it.

I envy you guys gorging on Turkey, I have to wait another month before my belt goes head to head with Turkey dinners. But I'll pay some sort of tribute by having an American themed dinner while watching the Cowboys/Eagles game this evening on my PC. There's an American deli in town so I'll stock up there.

Anyway, congrats, have fun, happy eating, gazuntite.........................or whatever it is you colonials say to each other. It's never made any sense to me :-) 

4-13-newsletter-UK-beagle.jpg?1366826386

Sorry I meant..

beagle_flag_postcards_package_of_8.jpg?h

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 9

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

We don't celebrate until Friday, but our family is all gathered in (more kitchen minions, woo!). Thursday will be a quiet day of communal pie-making, stuffing prep, and tablecloth ironing (Seriously. The things are actual linen and vintage, look gorgeous on the table, but they take like an hour to iron.).

May you all have a pleasant holiday.

• Like 1

Again, Happy Thanksgiving all!

I also hope that nobody else's Thanksgiving Day plans are delayed due to power losses.  I know a bunch of people who are without power right now up in NH.  Including my parents, where I was supposed to go today.  Got a call from The Mom saying to not bother driving up just yet.  So my T-day will consist of Chinese takeout!

And then I'll have Turkey sometime later this weekend once the road crews get power restored.

And lets hear it for those road crew who are missing time with their loved ones restoring power for everyone else.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      As the temperature drops the Mouslings begin to emerge...

• By Guindyloo
      So I have just woken up from what I would call more like a 4ish hour nap rather than sleeping (I don't recommend drinking Mountain Dew while baking until 3am; seriously, don't do it, it's a terrible idea) and it has left me feeling awfully sentimental.

When I discovered that miniatures were a thing and then immediately afterwards that the Reaper forum existed, I thought that I was just finding a new hobby to spend a little bit of time on occasionally. I thought I would just paint things from time to time and post them up to get feedback to help me improve. I had no idea that this place would become so elfing important to me, but it has.

I found not just a place to share a mutual hobby, but an internet home where I feel comfortable being my weird self and sharing my insecurities and my daily nonsense. A place where I enjoy hearing about all of your days and your successes and commiserating over your hard times. 

This is truly the most welcoming and accepting forum that I've ever had the privilege of being a part of. Even on my worst of days, even when I've gotten my feathers ruffled or been in a rotten mood or when I had to sit out for a few months due to personal issues, you guys have always been here and always welcomed me back.

I'm so grateful for all of you, all of the old faces, all of the new ones, all of the ones that keep changing their avatars so that I then have to get used to a new face on an old name.   And I am so grateful to Reaper for contributing so much to this hobby and for giving us this place and for keeping it in order so that it is a safe environment for all of us to share our lives with each other.

I wish you all the best day possible, whether you're sharing it with your families, going it alone, or working or doing whatever; whether it's Thanksgiving Day in your country or not.

You're an exceptional group of people. Thank you.
    • By dsmiles
      Feel free to add your own recipes to the collection. *coughMiss Melons Sour Cream Cakecough*

This one was asked for by PcktLnt:

Old family recipe handed down through generations of BH&G cookbooks:

Prep: 15 minutes, Chill: 2 hrs
      Makes: 2.5 cups
      3/4 cup apple or orange juice (I use orange juice)
      1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw; SWMBO's diabetic)
      1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
      1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
      dash ground cloves (go lightly here)
      1 12-oz pkg (3 cups) fresh cranberries
      1/2 cup golden raisins
      1/2 cup chopped pecans (I substitute chopped walnuts)

In medium saucepan, combine juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
      Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
      Add cranberries and raisins.
      Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
      Stir for 3-4 minutes or until cranberries pop.
      Remove from heat.
      Stir in nuts.
      Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.

• By Cranky Dog
      Happy Turkey Day to all my fellow Canadians!

So what are we thankful for?

Here's my list (in no particular order)

1- Reaper; Reaper forum; Reaper members (Phew! Got that out of the way.)
      2- Family & friends. Though since I moved a gazillion miles away form them and still single, they're still close to me and I don't feel lonely. And I'm meeting new ones around here.
      3- Career. Just celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my company and even being away for 5 months on disability, I'm still an employee!
      4- HEALTH. Born with a faulty heart valve, it's finally fixed, and my cardiologist just gave me the OK to go back to work and join a gym again. So my health and morale will improve even more.
    • By Tranquil Ape
      Just in case i get lost in the unavoidable swarm that is my home during the holidays (although now i have a room fool of paint and nekid minis I might be able to use as a hiding place) I wanted to let everyone at Reaper, and everyone in the forum community know to have a great thanksgiving and holiday season. I'm sure ill poke in but just in case... If im not back by jan 5th send a search party
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)