• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my biggest gripes on a lot of judging: you want an extra 10 points? Take the pic on a good background or a better base. The mini is not changed but the score is better.

This is terrific. The color highlighting could use some more pop but that could be the light too. The color choice is marvelous and the underbelly of the lizard really looks like that "soft leather" skin like a snake.

And +10 for the reuse of aquarium parts. I have more of this stuff lying around from my fish keeping days. And any reuse is a great idea!

• Like 2

I was a bit limited on basing material because I was making it in store.  That meant I couldn't really use the flocking and stuff I normally use for basing, since it tends to make a godawful mess.  When I get it back, I intend to add a bit, and maybe use some weathering powders as well to give a bit more variation on the ground.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Finished the Paint job on another marine.  I'll need to come up with a cool base.  I planned out this time black, red, yellow, blue colors. 

Here's the first one of this set up. 

Here's the purebred. 

Give me feedback.  If you'd like this black background let me know.

• By R2ED
      So, i don't know if this is okay or not, but i wanted to share them.  I had never painted any warhammer stuff.  Both because of the cost and the fear of getting caught up in that universe.  Well... it started. 

I bought my first set of intercessors back in January, but never touched them because i just didn't feel able to take them on.  There's some amazing painters who do these and i always felt inadequate.  Gotta start somewhere though.  I started watching a ton of videos on them and put some ideas together. 

Here's my first ever 5 painted.  I tried to test two paint schemes green and blue. I think they both came out great. 

having never got into these before, i now see the reason people like these so much.  Very fun but very time consuming.  

Would love your feedback. 
    • By Lidless Eye
      And here are some of my other works keeping in the spooky theme.

Since he was metal and not Bones, Rotpatch went here.

@MattParody was nice enough to include this Radukar the Wolf in our last trade box.  Who doesn't love giant Cossack Vikings?

a Death Tyrant from Nolzur's 

Some Spiders from Wargames Atlantic, also the most likely to hit a table soon for RoSD

• By aku-chan
      Wanted to continue working on my Underworld stuff, but didn't fancy the last two minis I had left in the previous thread, so thought I'd roll them into a new one.

This time we've got 10 randomly chosen minis, the two dudes from the last thread and the whole Sea Elf team (They felt too fragile to pack away after I built them).

Here we have Cyrille and Celine (A pair of Elven Peacekeepers) and Snoz a Goblin Scout with his wolf Fang.

This set consists of Zellotl (Lizardman Warrior), Freshly Awake (a newly risen Skeleton), Frilna (a companion beast to the Fey Elves), Sorcha (battle-hardened Mercenary) and Ailithir (Evil Knight).

Yrkill and Jafari (from the previous thread) plus their companions Sigmundur and Sethos (because someone or something is determined to have me paint these particular teams). Sethos isn't an Underworlds figure but is a matching Cultist from the OOP Warhammer Quest:- Silver Tower game on an old resin base I found.

And this is the Sea Elf team.
      We've got Gaelin (he's a Fish), Tanjaya (the Warrior at the back), Indra (a Summoner), Surya (a Harpooner with no eyes) and Orym (he's a Crab).

Making a start on Sorcha:-

Painted the furry collar on her cape.
      It's a base of Cold Grey with a Black Wash and the drybrushes of Cold Grey, Ghost Grey and Off-white (Only on the upper shoulder bits).

Not sure if I should paint her head next or the armour that's close to it, either way I think I'll make a mess.
    • By Glitterwolf
      I will paint and create a Reptilian Army pure for fun.

It will consists of many different kind of Reptiles and Amphibians.
      Mostly Snakemen, Lizardmen, Frogmen, Dragonmen, Turtlemen, Fishmen, Dinosaurs and Insects.

I will happily include any monster I think will fit.
      A Tarrasque will be the centrepiece at some sort as the Living Lizard God.

I do not play any games, so this will be pure for my own and (I hope your)  fun to create.

EDIT: The above was my original plan, over time and thanks to the comments made by other Forumites, this has developed into a story.
                This resulted in more Factions I wanted to build and paint, so this Project now also includes Pirates, Conquistadores, Native Warriors based on Inca/Aztec/Maya cultures.

EDIT: And now it will also include Undead!

Captain Luigiano and his army had been travelling through the jungle for weeks now.
      The sunlight was blocked by the dense canopy of trees.
      Some of the men had contracted fever, and those darn mosquitos were a big nuisance!

He looked at the golden plaque he had obtained.
      Gold, with a snakeman made out of gems on it.
      With this he had convinced the men to follow him.
      Somewhere in this accursed jungle there was a city made of gold, he was sure of it.

They would conquer this city and become rich beyond belief.
      He looked at his army, they even had a few cannons.
      Nothing would stop them!

Finally they reached a clearance.
      The men were pleased, at least they could see the sun again.
      They took a rest and a drink, tended to the sick.

Suddenly they heard a loud roar from the other side of the clearing.
      Birds flew away, trees where falling!

Some poison darts flew and two soldiers fell, they died before they hit the ground.
      A loud roar and an enormous terrifying Lizard appeared.
      One soldier died out of fear from just looking at it.

Then the Reptilian Horde emerged from the Jungle.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)