Citrine

DGS Games Dryad

This is the DGS Games Dryad (100010) that I got in one of their Kickstarters.  A fun, quick paint job.

post-4115-0-06542100-1417280957.jpg

post-4115-0-47999800-1417280965_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

Now that actually looks like what I would expect a Dryad to look like.   Well done!

Guess robin is just reading my mind today... so DITTO on this!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all!

Things have been a little odd for me lately. After the huge rush that was ReaperCon, I've been feeling a bit of post-con blues. I've painted a bit, but I've mostly been building terrain for Freeblades. I finished this guy last week, and I'm almost finished with a second figure. My table is coming along nicely, and I'm excited to finish it up and get some games going!

• By stormbreach
      So here is the latest finished mini.  What I originally wanted was for her to have a pale-wood colour to her skin, as if she was the inside wood of the tree coming out through the bark.  So I basically wanted her to look like bare lumber.  Unfortunately she turned out looking like nicely tanned human skin and I didn't want her to look like a naked human lady hanging out in a tree.  So then I tried to paint her a little darker and paint some wood grain on her but then she looked a little like a tiger.  So instead of getting hung up on her and stalling out I decided to paint her flesh green and move on.  So I like how she turned out and on this mini I did some highlighting instead of calling her finished after the Strong Tone wash because someone called me out on it recently.  So this one is for you, @Sanael 

https://imgur.com/a/hpJ8P4x
    • By stormbreach
      Warnings first, this image is linked for nudity.  I would like to ask for advice on this mini.  I might be finished or I might have to go back and paint her all over again.  I wanted her to look like bare wood, like raw lumber because she is part of the tree.  I wanted it to look kind of like she was the inside wood of the tree coming out through the bark but I think she ended up looking a little like regular skin.  So my question is does she look okay or should I paint her green instead to keep her from looking human?  Thanks for any advice you can offer.  Please also be advised, it isn't the best image but it gets the idea across.

https://imgur.com/a/5CNeff6
    • By Rigel
      Well, I figured that the market for cactus-folk was small enough that I shouldn't wait on it, so I decided to get to work on a Saguaro Cowboy and a Cactus Dryad. I got the inspiration to get up and get to work when I saw a picture of a crested saguaro:

which really settled the question of "how do I put dryad hair on a cactus lady and make it work?" 
      Twisted up an armature for a dude and a lady, 

and started slapping green stuff on.

Here's a very rough outline of the dryad's torso with a preliminary series of grooves, almost none of which will probably make it to the finished product.

Both she and the lariat-wielding saguaro vaquero will have blunt, stubby feet and arms with little muscle or joint definition, both because that's how saguaros do and because I am...not a professional sculptor by a long chalk. 

C&C welcome; this is the rough draft of the first draft of each of them and I'll be doing a lot of trimming and repositioning, no doubt.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:

Front
      Back

Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).

Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.

I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.

All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated. 
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 198 Guests (See full list)