Lesser Elementals, now with more base

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a dragon I completed Yesterday. This is a Ral Partha 10-463, T'Char Dragon of The Flame and Fury sculpted by Sandra Garrity in 1992. I bought this model in 1993 and assembled it in 1995. It has been on a shelf all these years. It’s a pleasure to see it finally painted. This amazing sculpt is 175mm tall, almost 7 inches at the top of the wings. The original model comes with a nice base around which I added more rocks and branches. I made the flames with Liquitex heavy gel and 3d printed a 125mm wide base to complete the vignette. Nowadays, this 12-piece dragon is still available from Iron Wind Metals. I painted it exclusively with Reaper MSP paint.

Here’s the list of colors I used;

• By Smallbunyanga
      Done with all Reaper Paints and an AP Wash

• By R2ED
      I received this little 3D print with some minis I bought near the beginning of me getting back into painting.  I looked at it and thought it was soooo cool.  Now that months have gone by and I've got more of an eye for things I like and don't like, it became immediately apparent that this thing had a number of flaws.
      1.  3D print left that weird topographic build quality to it.
      2.  The paint has a weird time adhering to it because of the lines in the model
      3.  The size of it is WAY out of proportion for 28mm, unless those are actual full size trees and this is a campfire for giants.

Overall it's just not a very good model.  Yet, it was something that was sitting there calling me out and needed to get painted.  I'll find some use for it, but I honestly think it came out pretty decent.  I used a Stormy Grey from MSP on the rocks w/ GW Agrax Earthshade.  On the wood I used a chocolate brown and brown sand mix (leftover on the palette...just went for it) with a GW Sepia Wash.  Then I used flat red inside the burning log, highlighted up with a lemon yellow and flat red mix, then highlighted again with lemon yellow.  Then dotted with white.  The log was a little on the light side after the first wash, so I took Nuln Oil to it and dulled it down, which worked and gave it that more dark colored effect.  The whole thing looks like it's actually warm when I'm looking at it, so the effect worked!  I'm pretty happy with it.  Now I just gotta find an ogre or giant to put it with....

• By prophetic_joe
      Been a long time since I painted a mini but I finally got back to it and painted Errtu to an ok tabletop quality.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Was asked by mods to start this Air Brush thread to be pinned and I'll keep it up to date with links/tutorials as we go along. Keep the chatter/off topic to a minimum please. 

Feel free to add links/websites/tutorials/videos/books/articles in this thread and I'll compile them here in the first thread post (just no commerce links per Forum rules).

Here we go!

VEX Part info

Reaper VEX Videos:
      Ed Pugh, Disassemble and reassemble the Vex
      Aaron Lovejoy's First impressions
      Getting to know your vex, with Aaron Lovejoy
      The Crow's Nest #15 - The birds flew off with the New Reaper Vex Airbrush! (Full review inside)

Forum Threads:
      Airbrush Compendium
      Airbrush Masks
      Airbrush for Hubby
      Care & Feeding for Airbrush
      My Next & Last Airbrush
      Airbrush Assistance
      Airbrush & Paint Question
      Airbrush Cleaning and Advice
      Airbrush Newb Help
      Help Setting up First Airbrush
      Cheap Airbrush and Cheap Paints
      Learning to use Airbrush
      To Brush with the Air
      Airbrush Equipment & Recommendations
      Airbrush & Thinning Reaper Paints

Website Tutorials:
      Airbrush Cleaning Tutorial from Massive Voodoo

Video Tutorials:
      Awesome Paintjob
      Awakened Realms
      Kostasii Miniatures
      Airbrush Troubleshooting

Books/Magazines:
      Painting Miniatures From A to Z: Masterclass Volume 1, By: Angel Giraldez (linked image)
      This book provides pictures of step by step of Airbrush and brush painting. Not as through as some other airbrush books, but still good.
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)