Pathfinder Adventure Path: Iron Gods Part 1 Fires of Creation

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"OK, if we are ready, I'd like to step out of my armour if nobody minds?"

Without waiting for a response, I'll start shrugging out of it. Should take 1 minute to remove and 4 minutes to put back on. (Halved if I have help)

I'll stow it in my back pack if it's big enough. If not, I'll tie a rope to it with 10 feet of slack and walk in the water.

• Like 1

Like Davor he quickly removed his armor to better swim, and followed as well. A look of displeasure upon his face as he did, muttering in elven about the irony, and displeasure in needing a bath to clean up after being in water before dunking his head to test the spell while still near shore.

Darvil takes a deep breath and launches himself into the water with a giant splash.  He holds his breath until his lungs begin to burn and his vision begins to fade to red before he remembers he can breathe in the water, and releases the air remaining in his lungs in massive bubbles.

"This…is…awesome!"

Despite the water muffling his words, it is impossible not to hear the excitement in his voice and the sheer joy on his face.

• Like 3

Ralif recognized the acidic smell that the breeze would sometimes carry from the lake into town, but never as strongly as it was now. It reminded him of some of the sloppier alchemists he knew.

At Sartus: "Right! Armors off people. Easier to move under water without them."

At Anton: "If you don't need to worry about the rain, then don't worry about the lake. Though it may not be wise to stay in it too long."

At Darvil who didn't really wait to dive in: "...never mind."

Ralif set his backpack down, and removed and laid flat the large oiled canvas he had. He made sure all the air bladders he prepared and that made his load look far bulkier were still secured to the canvas. He methodically put most of his gear on the canvas. He then removed most of his clothes, save for his braies and oiled boots, and puts them next to his gear and turned to the others. He only left his hammer aside.

To the others: "All right there's still plenty of room for whatever you want to keep dry.", and then notices that everyone is already in the water, without any other protection.

["Bloody gears... always rushing in. They'll all be soaking wet. Bad enough Kyte didn't come here to cast his magic." he mumbles to himself.]

He quickly proceeds to fold over the canvas over his equipment to wrap them, a few knots and flips everything over so any leak will be from the bottom up. Grabs his hammer and heaves the rest as best he can and joins everyone else in the water, hopping the air bladders will make the load sufficiently buoyant. Before fully diving in the deep end, he dunks his face in the water and forces himself to exhale and counter intuitively inhale, surprised at how different yet normal it felt.

• Like 1

Everyone in the water, make the following check

Swim Check

then a 

Fortitude check

The swim down isn't that difficult, the water is very, very nasty thou, it's like taking straight vinegar with a shot of mold & just chugging it down one tall glass after anther. Oddly the water is calm & kinda clear once you're submerged. With the water breathing your able to dive down & see the entrance to the caves that Khonnir & others before you have used to access the caves below.

You make your way into the passage (give me a marching order on how everyone goes in. This can be the actual marching order or just for this, your choice). & head down a long tunnel that turns & winds for around 35 to 40 feet before it emerges into a cave......

(more later, MAKE THOSE CHECKS!!!

Swim: 5-3 = 2 (or 8 if my air bladders do a difference, still pretty low. I believe I'll walk on the bottom)
Fortitude: 19+4+2 vs poison effects = 25 (I drank worse)

The dwarf sinks! Don't go acting all surprised now.

Edit: rechecked swim bonus for Armor check penalty since it's off. And if air bladders work to put me at light load, I'm at +3 swim bonus.

Edited by Cranky Dog

Anyone that missed a 10 Swim by 4 you make no progress. Since the journey isn't far & there is nothing impeding the swim other then bad skills, you make it into the tunnel & onto the shore, thou the others have emerged & are assessing the situation. I will take this in consideration for the first few actions from Qwyk, Davor & Vil-.

After emerging from the water, anyone not make a 11 Fortitude check (-4 due to drinking the water), you are sickened for 1 minute. (& yes it counts as a poison effect).

The cave is completely dark!! Anyone without Darkvision is blinded.

Will have a map up tomorrow morning. Also actions from the following people, Qwkysliver, davor & Vil-hatarn

Darvil pulls himself out of the water and turns around, taking in his surroundings.

"Hey, um, guys?  Hello?  Uhhh, where are we?  Where are you?  Does someone have a light ready?  That's you guys I hear, right?"