Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Pathfinder Adventure Path: Iron Gods Part 1 Fires of Creation

Recommended Posts

"Oooh, yeah, of course!" He starts to put the weapon on the ground at his feet, decides against it, walks into the room with the destroyed automaton places it on its chest, starts to walk away, looks at Ralif, grabs the flail, tucks it into his belt, then checks the room directly opposite the door we came inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The house is made of stone, the automaton mainly destroyed the interior. There is no chance it'll come down.

 

The figure behind the walls slowly emerges from her hiding hole, it's a young girl about 10 - 12 years old. 

 

Val Baine

 

She a bit shook up but looks to be no worse then wear. She looks around, seeing the automaton has been disabled she breathes a sigh of relief.

 

"It just came to life. I came in here for something, I can't even remember what... "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EnT1 kneels next to the wrecked automaton, seeing if he can determine how it was activated or anything else of interest regarding its construction.

 

Knowledge (engineering) d20+7=15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Following Ralifs suggestion, not knowing the the young lady was found in the main room with the automaton )

 

Stepping into the other room, "miss, it's all safe, please come out, we are here to help...."

 

I'll look under tables, behind chairs ect...

 

(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, We will do our best to discover what, if anything, set it off. That is part of why we've come here. My companions and I are the most recent batch of would be heroes sent after the master mage, and to discover the cause and fate of the torch"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darvil races to Val's side.

"Are you okay?"  Looking her over carefully, he decides she is probably fine.  "Sit, I will get you something to drink.  We need you to relax, and think about what happened."

 

Darvil scampers around the house getting a cup of tea for Val.  

 

"Here, drink this.  These men and I are going after your father Val.  We will bring him home.  What you were doing right before the automaton re-activated?  I know you said you came in here, and forgot.  The automaton kept saying 'REPAIR' over and over again.  Just take your time and think.  Anything may help."

 

While Val sips her tea and thinks, Darvil joins Anton at the wreckage of the automaton and sighs.  "What a mess.  What a loss."  Darvil pokes about the wreckage.  "Hopefully we can find out what went wrong."

 

Craft Mechanical: d20+8 == 22

Knowledge Engineering: d20+6 == 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Darvil can get up to get something, Val gives you a giant hug

 

"Oh Darvil! Its so good to see you again! It just came to life!" she says after letting you go

 

"Now I remember, I came in here for a book that I wanted to read. Dad says to keep my mind sharp. You remember the studies, right Darvil? As I started to reach for a book, it started making noises & the light on it's face just lit up! It then just start saying stuff like words but nothing I could understand, let alone heard before & then suddenly it's starts tearin everything up!" with that she throws her arms up in the air & lets her hands do the talking showing the destruction it did in here.

 

"I screamed & ran under the table & covered it up so it wouldn't see me. All it kept doing was tearing things up. Oddly it didn't go after me."

 

 

She takes the tea & starts sipping, the drink helping her nerves.

 

"Really? You're going to find my dad?" She says to Abrien

 

"Awesome!!" she says with a big smile.  ::D:

 

"Oh were are my manners. I'm offering the tavern as a place to stay for anyone willing to go into those caves & find my dad. I've already got some bedrolls in there, plus if you want I've stocked up the pantries for a bite when you get hungry too. While my dad told me never to touch the stuff, you can have some of the ale & beer there as well. I'm sure he won't mind."

 

"You wanna go check it out?" she says excitedly

 

EnT1 & Darvil

 

You both can see while the exterior was really old  & worn, the interior is worse. There is rust in the metal, especially where it either was exposed or on the gears. The wiring is frayed as well. Time hasn't been kind to this machine. You do find what might be the battery & you can see what might be a meter & only the 1st bar is lit up, meaning it barely had any power. How it got that bar is unknown thou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Val, even though you don't know what the words meant, do you think you can repeat them to me, or write them down, exactly as you heard them?  I might be able to figure out what it was saying before it went berserk."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the other room, I call out, "hey guys, I can't find her. Maybe she ran, or gods forbid, the monst.... Uuh, automaton, sorry Ant1, ate her. Can we open it's stomach?"

I walk back to the big room, look at Ent1 and Darvil poking around it's insides, then at the young lady. "Ooh, it did eat her!"

I bow very clumsily. "Young miss, I'm sorry we didn't get to you sooner, I hope you are unharmed by your ordeal".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darvil grins at Sartos' attempts to correct his manner of thinking.  "The machine did not eat her.  Val was smart and hid.  Anton and I are examining the wreckage to see if we can determine how it powered up and what may have caused it to lose control."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It must have received a charge somehow. Or it came out of the ruins with a residual charge and was somehow dormant until now, though I would have expected a mechanist of Baine's reputation to have checked. The mechanisms are in terrible condition and the most likely cause of its rampage." EnT1 seems to almost surprise himself as he makes the confident appraisal of the automaton's condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darvil nods at Anton's statements.  "The machine appears to have some residual power supply, but by the condition of its inner workings, it is a miracle it ever activated.  It's cries for 'REPAIR' may have been a request for help, but it may have been too far damaged to recognize help was available.  It was probably no different than a wounded animal or person mad with pain.  But I can't believe Baine would have left an unknown automaton with an active power supply just out, in an unsecured location.  It was dormant.  Something brought this automaton active."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The elf just nodded and returned the girls smile when she asked if they where really going to go after her dad, before letting the others take control of the situation, while he just listened, and thought. "Is it possible it received a command from below?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relieved to see the young girl safe, Ralif surveys the workshop turned upside.

 

[Perception: 1d20+8 = 16]

 

"Beg your pardon miss Baine, but did your father bring anything else up here besides the automaton?"

 

"And you!" He points at Darvil with a cocked eyebrow. "You spoke Androffan. Where'd you learn to speak Androffan? Even among those who follow Brigh it's an uncommon language. You're just full of surprises, ain't ya?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darvil shrugs his shoulders at Abrien.  "It's possible.  But a lot would depend on how strong the signal was, and where it came from."

[OOC: Knowledge: Engineering d20 +6 = 20, Knowledge: Dungeoneering d20 +6 = 24 to see if I can get any approximations]

 

Darvil cocks his head and grins mischievously to the elf.  "Did I now?  I believe that Androffan is a language practically forbidden by the Technic League, and I would certainly hate to be once again on their bad side.  Are you sure it was Androffan you heard?"  Darvil winks at Ralif.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...