The Companions of the Hall Diorama - WIP

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the books. I had to read them after I was mocked for being a Drizzt fan due to my elven weapon smith. I had not heard of the series until then. In that world drop don't exist so picked black skin and silver hair more to amuse myself and gave her blue eyes. She weilds two blades more due to my liking of the image of my character fighting with two weapons.

Led to being mocked as a Drizzt fan, which led to the series and made me laugh. As the only thing they had in common was skin color and pale hair.

So yes. I want to see how this looks and will be watching it closely. 

• Like 3

I will most definitely be keeping an eye on this. My sister is also a huge fan of Forgotten Realms and Salvatore and she gotten me into them as well. While I did not get to far into the book series, it motivated me into playing D&D. The miniatures you selected are great and I cannot wait to see it come together.

• Like 2

Thanks for the compliments and feedback everyone!

If I leave Lloth nude up top, I'd just link her pics instead of post on site so that I don't violate forum rules on nudity (black bars don't count here).

I've gotten a little feedback on the Regis figure from another member who I greatly respect and they think the sculpt isn't as good (quality wise) as the other heroes from DSM/Reaper and suggested the Enigma Halfling (Tharttus, Halfling Thief - SKU# ENM3035).

So I put it out there to see if anyone has this one and how he compares in scale to the DSM and Reaper figs. I saw him before, but thought he might actually be too big, so any clarification on his size and quality would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has the Otherworld Halfling, let me know what you think about size, scale, and quality.

• Like 2

I'm surprised you're not using the dwarf from Darksword that is basically Bruenor. Looks like this is shaping up to be a good diorama!

I actually already had the Reaper dwarf in my stock so I fiigured I could do a couple tiny alterations and get him looking really good. I need to notch his "many notched axe" now that you mention him.

Do you have either of the halflings I mentioned or a suggestion for Regis?

• Like 1

Maybe just swap the shield with 14146?

I would if I had that figure, but I'll try to do some freehand on it or print something out to get that foaming mug on it... hmm I think I still have the bones version, will have to look, maybe I can just cut out that shield part!

Will watch this closely, quite an undertaking you've set yourself up for. Even though Salvatores' writing leaves something to be desired, the Forgotten Realms setting is still my favorite.

Yep, quite a big undertaking. I'm currently putting the Spider Lancer together... leg 3/8 attached, it's tedious. 

General question to everyone:

I did realize something... I have 2 spiders to attach to this diorama. HOW would you attach them to the base with their spindly legs?

• Like 2