Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

Juliette the Wizard & Deckard the Deathpriest

Great work with the limited palette choice.  I like the de-saturated look to the minis.  I especially like the way you picked out all of the pouches, belts and "stuff."  Sounds trivial but a lot of times I think they are overlooked.  

• Like 1

Great work with the limited palette choice.  I like the de-saturated look to the minis.  I especially like the way you picked out all of the pouches, belts and "stuff."  Sounds trivial but a lot of times I think they are overlooked.  

Thank you sir!

Awesome paint-job. I love how worn/used the clothes of the deathpriest look, whereas the same color palette on the wizard looks "neat". Nice bases, too. 

Thanks, every base has MonkeySloth chiming in my ears...

Wow, your Juliette is really, really great. I would buy that mini on the spot! Also, love the colors!

I appreciate that, thank you!

• Like 1

While the outstretched hands give them a point of commonality, they are otherwise opposites other than sharing some OUTSTANDING craftsmanship. The selection of colors & brushwork are WONDERFUL; the bases fit the nature of the minis perfectly. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

I recently put some paint on the Bones version of Juliette. But mine didn't have a hat :down: ??...esplain more about the hat please?

I really dig the limited palette. Deckard is one of my fave Reaper minis.

• Like 1

While the outstretched hands give them a point of commonality, they are otherwise opposites other than sharing some OUTSTANDING craftsmanship. The selection of colors & brushwork are WONDERFUL; the bases fit the nature of the minis perfectly. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks!! My goal is to achieve Proctor and DKS level painting quality. They're my unofficial mentors.

I recently put some paint on the Bones version of Juliette. But mine didn't have a hat :down: ??...esplain more about the hat please?

I really dig the limited palette. Deckard is one of my fave Reaper minis.

I'm glad you like them. Reaper sells a hats pack which I find wonderful. This hat is included in that selection and her dynamic pose just screamed, "put this hat on me!". I heavily considered doing her on the deck of a ship and making her look all pirate-like which would have also been perfect for her. Just search the Reaper store for hats.

I'm glad you noticed the outstretched hand theme.

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 1

Wow, that's probably my favorite version of Deckard I've seen. Great job. I love that mini, but couldn't ever figure out a paint scheme to get started on mine. Consider yours bookmarked for future reference.

• Like 1

Stunning. Juliette almost looks like a different mini. 

Thank you!

Very nice! It's cool that both have similar pallettes but evoke entirely different moods.

Ironically, I was gunning for just that. The only foundational difference between the two was that Deckard started with a wash of Violet Light and Juliette started with a wash of Redstone. 

Wow, that's probably my favorite version of Deckard I've seen. Great job. I love that mini, but couldn't ever figure out a paint scheme to get started on mine. Consider yours bookmarked for future reference.

Thank you very much!

Outstanding!

I appreciate it.  ^_^