Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Border-World Human Army

These were painted over this past weekend's painting binge - see that thread for WIPs and such. The figures are predominantly plastic WW2 figures from Wargames Factory, but with arms, heads, weapons and kit all mixed around. The idea was to represent a well trained but spottily-supplied standing army for a frontier world contested by two other alien powers in the endless war between the Nathi and Silmn..

Painting was as follows:

-white prime

-brown ink all over

-red ink on the helmets and kit

-black ink on everything but the trousers

-black on weapons and boots

-light drybrush white on the black bits.

post-334-0-16839400-1417391885_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-80260400-1417391916_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-61299400-1417391939_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-80815100-1417391964_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Your a painting machine froggy. Awesome mass paint binge ;)

• Like 1

wow. I am in awe of your ability to finish a project that large and maintain a consistent look between models.

It's a matter of doing the same painting steps to all models at the same time.  Normally I end up hating life afterwards, but this project wasn't so bad.

wow. I am in awe of your ability to finish a project that large and maintain a consistent look between models.

It's a matter of doing the same painting steps to all models at the same time.  Normally I end up hating life afterwards, but this project wasn't so bad.

To save yourself some headache, try doing just a unit at a time. The slight variation from unit to unit it less noticable.

Also, aside from parade squares I have never seen identical soldiers. Fading, dirt, different kit issuance/manufacturing lines all lead to subtle variations. Then again, some variations have been less than subtle.

• Like 1

You done a BEAUTIFUL job on an IMPRESSIVE array of miniatures...GREAT brushwork & some interesting color choices. VERY WELL DONE!

After too many years painting large numbers of largely identical figures for myself & other folks, finishing a group always left me with a WONDERFUL warm "just released from HELL!" feeling & a greater understanding of why people collect stamps.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      It is never a good idea to play a alternate history video game when you own a 3d printer and love history. My first mini off the the printer is the T95 tank destroyer It was an American prototype. This is in 1/100 scale and it is big for that scale.
      It will need to be cured tomorrow and cleaned up for assembly. 
      Here it is mock assembled next to a Flames of war 76mm Sherman.

Currently working on tiger 2, 105 Pershing and E-100 Turrets. The hulls will come after that.
      Now to find a good looking Maus Stl .
    • By CAVBOSS
      Just throwing this out there for anyone interested (yes I did back and no, I don't know them)...
      I did back their last KS as well and was happy with the results. They did a great in keeping people up to date and got all of the files out quickly.

The figures look "funny" in the pictures due to them using the print-ready 3D files. I think that at the smaller scales especially, they are enhanced just enough so they will keep their detail and make them easier to paint IMO.

Anyway take a look if you are interested!
      http://kck.st/322b1bO
    • By Citrine
      My son's girlfriend stayed with us a week in the middle of May and I ran a Savage World WW2 horror one-shot.  These two american soldiers here was choices for one of the pre-generated characters I had ready, but he was not picked by any of the 3 players (my husband, my son and girlfriend).

American Sniper, Reaper SKU 37008, also available in the multi-pack of American Soldiers SKU 50075.

Pvt Tim Hernandez, Reaper SKU 37016

• By Annie
      Sorry for the late yell, been the busiest month of life...ever!

TooFatLardies collaboration - last few hours of my KS for British Home Front. They're working on a FREE supplement with rules and scenarios for all the minis, not just for the women, rules that will fit with your male and existing figures too for Chain of Command. But of course there are many games and eras you can use em in.

As well as women there's hero dogs, pigeons and other critters!

Bad Squiddo is just me and I've been working my arrrrse off getting this off the ground, so even a cheeky peek and share would be amazing. And thank you everyone who has backed so far, we've made some really incredible things happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-british-home-front-28mm-miniatures

• By Inarah
      A couple of critters from my Thanksgiving pain binge challenge.  I tried to give the hellhound ash grey skin to reflect the fiery nature of the beast.  Haven't done much with the base, not sure if I want to put him on a cavalry base for game play or leave him as is for easier storage. 

I wanted the blood wolf to have a reddish brown coat, befitting his name.  His undercoat is brown liner and dark grey.  Not sure why he has six legs, other than it obviously marks him as a special encounter of some sort.   Again, didn't do much to the base, it's good enough for table play and might get a cav base in the future. 

Not exciting, but painted! 
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)