These were painted over this past weekend's painting binge - see that thread for WIPs and such. The figures are predominantly plastic WW2 figures from Wargames Factory, but with arms, heads, weapons and kit all mixed around. The idea was to represent a well trained but spottily-supplied standing army for a frontier world contested by two other alien powers in the endless war between the Nathi and Silmn..

Painting was as follows:

-white prime

-brown ink all over

-red ink on the helmets and kit

-black ink on everything but the trousers

-black on weapons and boots

-light drybrush white on the black bits.

post-334-0-16839400-1417391885_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-80260400-1417391916_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-61299400-1417391939_thumb.jpg

post-334-0-80815100-1417391964_thumb.jpg

• Like 18
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. I am in awe of your ability to finish a project that large and maintain a consistent look between models.

It's a matter of doing the same painting steps to all models at the same time.  Normally I end up hating life afterwards, but this project wasn't so bad.

To save yourself some headache, try doing just a unit at a time. The slight variation from unit to unit it less noticable.

Also, aside from parade squares I have never seen identical soldiers. Fading, dirt, different kit issuance/manufacturing lines all lead to subtle variations. Then again, some variations have been less than subtle.

• Like 1

You done a BEAUTIFUL job on an IMPRESSIVE array of miniatures...GREAT brushwork & some interesting color choices. VERY WELL DONE!

After too many years painting large numbers of largely identical figures for myself & other folks, finishing a group always left me with a WONDERFUL warm "just released from HELL!" feeling & a greater understanding of why people collect stamps.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      The challenge is 30 minis in 30 days (not necessarily 1 mini each day.) I've been prepping a few figures each week since August, and this year's theme is Science Fiction: 

Team Terminator:

XairBot (Small) 49012
      XairBot (Medium) 49013
      CyberReavers I (2) 50354
      CyberReavers II (2) 50355
      CyberReaver 845
      Enforcer 847

Team Survivor:

HESCO barriers (2)
      Starship Generator 80053
      Tess, Adventuring Heroine 49020
      Slade, Cyborg Hero 49018
      Nova Corp:Female 80013
      Nova Corp:Soldier 80012

Terrain:

Gothic Tank Traps/objective markers (2)
      3d printed scatter terrain
      Crates (Large and Small)(2) 77248
      Jersey Barriers (2)

More Stuff:

IMEF: Reggie Van Zandt 80017
      Viceroy Enforcers (3) 30029
      Starship Generator 80053 #2

Obligatory Fantasy:

Cats&Catacombs
      Dreadmere wight 44022 
      Benedict Baker 
      dark elf w/bow 1128
      Liriel Silverlocks 2458
      DGS games female

Not shown: Blood Nebula Mercenary 49017, Power Generator 72611 (2)-- still in blister packs. 

That gets me to 30-ish, depending on whether I count things like the barriers and crates as single pieces or not.  Still working on getting the last few pieces washed and primed and identified. 

• By Annie
      ENDS 8PM BST 14TH APRIL

Hi Chums! Sorry I left it so late to post, I have been ill the whole Kickstarter! Just scrambling now in the last few hours - despite this though it's going brilliantly!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-soviet-russia-28mm-miniatures

We are close to the last stretch goal now - an adoring fan for our guitar player! Yes you heard that right!

Unlocks have been:
      Winter Tank Riders Pack A
      Winter Tank Riders Pack B
      Winter Tank Command
      Winter Tank Hunters
      Dzhulbars the Mine Hunting German Shepherd with handler
      Kneeling Sniper Team in snow suits
      Lyudmila Pavlichenko
      Anti Tank Rifle Team
      Traffic Controllers
      Winter Advancing Command
      Dancers
      Guitarist

The Eastern Front is obviously a very grim setting, and whilst fascinating to research, it can get very heavy! This range has a much less jolly feel than the last load of Home Front British miniatures, for obvious reasons (being more front line based) but I wanted to add some endearment in there to make people smile. And when I research these projects, the people definitely make their way into my heart through the memoirs and photographs. So I'd like them to be having a bit of fun.

So far we have the accordion player and dancers, and these will fit brilliantly with them to make a nice camp fire diorama (check out our camp fires too!).

Cheers all!
      Annie
      Bad Squiddo Games Bosslady

• By Standifer
      It is never a good idea to play a alternate history video game when you own a 3d printer and love history. My first mini off the the printer is the T95 tank destroyer It was an American prototype. This is in 1/100 scale and it is big for that scale.
      It will need to be cured tomorrow and cleaned up for assembly. 
      Here it is mock assembled next to a Flames of war 76mm Sherman.

Currently working on tiger 2, 105 Pershing and E-100 Turrets. The hulls will come after that.
      Now to find a good looking Maus Stl .
    • By CAVBOSS
      Just throwing this out there for anyone interested (yes I did back and no, I don't know them)...
      I did back their last KS as well and was happy with the results. They did a great in keeping people up to date and got all of the files out quickly.

The figures look "funny" in the pictures due to them using the print-ready 3D files. I think that at the smaller scales especially, they are enhanced just enough so they will keep their detail and make them easier to paint IMO.

Anyway take a look if you are interested!
      http://kck.st/322b1bO
    • By Citrine
      My son's girlfriend stayed with us a week in the middle of May and I ran a Savage World WW2 horror one-shot.  These two american soldiers here was choices for one of the pre-generated characters I had ready, but he was not picked by any of the 3 players (my husband, my son and girlfriend).

American Sniper, Reaper SKU 37008, also available in the multi-pack of American Soldiers SKU 50075.

Pvt Tim Hernandez, Reaper SKU 37016

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)