Getting to Know Each Other--Dec 2014

TaleSpinner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like good humor. I tend to enjoy British humor a lot. Smart humor too. I also love Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side (and Bloom County) more than is probably healthy. The Dad and I once got kicked out of a Target in Arizona because we were "disturbing the other customers." We were in the book isle reading Calvin and Hobbes. 

I also like having friends I can just totally slam. Nothing really represents friendship to me more than someone you are so comfortable with you can just really give them grief, and then they will dish it right back. One of my longest friends usually gets referred to as slutface, hookerbreath, and other less work friendly nicknames. He reciprocates. 

• Like 3

Things that are on it. I'm not very picky, as long as the flavors work together.

Not a lot of gourmet options here, we have old school NY style mostly. My standard pie is just pepperoni, made by an Italian from NYC. His chicken/bacon/ranch is pretty good, too. There's one I get rarely that he always makes a second for himself, I should tell him to name it for me and put it on the menu: a garlic pie with spinach and bacon. So good.

• Like 2

Hmm... It seems I've missed several questions. Anybody who wants to know what I look like can probably track me down in RCon photos or NEMPA paint day photos.

For pizza, I'm pretty easy-going. Most toppings work for me.

I tend to favor red sauce over alternatives, but it's not a hard rule.

I love the taste of pepperoni, but I find it too greasy. Given the choice, I'll swap for some other meat.

I do not care for broccoli on pizza (but live it in almost all other applications.)

I have, thus-far, avoided anchovies, as I do not care for strong fish flavors, but I could be convinced to try a piece.

After that, veggies are good. Cheese is good. Meat is good.

Should I start a war by commenting on thin crust vs. deep dish? :devil:

• Like 4

I make pizza at home (dough from scratch or it doesn't count) fairly often, for meat I usually do steak or chicken; for veggies and I like tomato, basil, hot peppers, olives, onions, or pineapple; and I'll often add slices of brie or mozzarella. The sauce is either pesto, olive oil, or homemade tomato sauce.  I usually only put 3 or 4 toppings on a pizza though, so there are a lot of permutations.

• Like 2

I make pizza at home (dough from scratch or it doesn't count) fairly often, for meat I usually do steak or chicken; for veggies and I like tomato, basil, hot peppers, olives, onions, or pineapple; and I'll often add slices of brie or mozzarella. The sauce is either pesto, olive oil, or homemade tomato sauce.  I usually only put 3 or 4 toppings on a pizza though, so there are a lot of permutations.

I was going to like your post until I got to the pineapple; that's just wrong.

• Like 3