• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#35 :

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/geeks/latest/50231

#36: Muppets!

#37: Almost anything. I'll help Doc eat his slice with anchovies, though I would't add them if I were ordering. If I was ordering for me, Every Veggie, and also sausage and pepperoni.  Most of the time though, I get pepperoni and mushrooms with extra diced tomatoes.

I make pizza at home (dough from scratch or it doesn't count) fairly often, for meat I usually do steak or chicken; for veggies and I like tomato, basil, hot peppers, olives, onions, or pineapple; and I'll often add slices of brie or mozzarella. The sauce is either pesto, olive oil, or homemade tomato sauce. I usually only put 3 or 4 toppings on a pizza though, so there are a lot of permutations.

I was going to like your post until I got to the pineapple; that's just wrong.

Good pineapple and hot peppers, feta optional. No ham! This isn't your grandpa's nasty Hawaiian pizza.

Question 37: What do you like on a pizza?

Triple cheese, triple pepperoni Brooklyn style from Domino's (when I can't get real pizza, that is). Pizza hut makes the GIRD act up, and PJ's did something to their sauce recently that turned me off of it. Also, the "Da Sumo" pizza from Big Kahuna's Pizza is delicious.

When I can get REAL pizza, it's just cheese and pepperoni, from whatever corner pizza joint happens to be nearby. But only in NYC.

• Like 1

My husband is a New York pizza purist. He feels that the farther west from New York City, the more corrupt the pizza.

However, the interests of our children have gotten him to admit to liking stuffed pizza, although he considers it more of a cheese pie than a proper pizza.

I like New York pizza, but I like other kinds too. If there is one offered with lots of little diced vegetables on it I am inclined to go for that one, allthough there is a certain kind of crumbled Italian sausage I'm rather fond of.

• Like 4

My husband is a New York pizza purist. He feels that the farther west from New York City, the more corrupt the pizza.

However, the interests of our children have gotten him to admit to liking stuffed pizza, although he considers it more of a cheese pie than a proper pizza.

I like New York pizza, but I like other kinds too. If there is one offered with lots of little diced vegetables on it I am inclined to go for that one, allthough there is a certain kind of crumbled Italian sausage I'm rather fond of.

I'm not necessarily a purist, but anything that's not made in NYC is a lesser pizza, kind of the way there are lesser demons and greater demons. Chicago-style pizza is the devil, and on the other side of the Blood War.

EDIT: Tomato pie, on the other hand, is like the Demodands, and is an acceptable substitute for pizza in a pinch.

• Like 1

There is a small resturant in town that makes really very good pizza. Home made dough, sauce is nice, not too thick, but not a runny mess either. We usually get Hawaiian, because mom finds pepperoni too spicy, but when it's dad and I, it's usually a meat lovers, or a BBQ cheeseburger. Still not chicken with spinach and feta, but not bad. Hold the green peppers though if you want to be around me for the rest of the day.

My favorite pizza place was this little food cart that parked in the parking lot around the corner from our apartment back when we lived in france. I usually got veggies and proscuito with an egg cracked on the middle (I think they called it quatro saison, or was it champion?) on a super thin tasty crust. After that is when I started making my own pizza since very little available in the US compares favorably.

...wul, dang, Pingo, we can't ALL fly to NY every time a slice beckons.

While I found New York pizza to be quite edible, there's pizza joints in nearly every state that shine. Particularly those with wood fired ovens. Does he consider "Mexican pizza" and poultry variants to be "corrupt?" Never mind, don't answer that, I probably already know...

I'm fairly flexible with pizza; like Flamehawke  I'll try just about anything once. ( We're talking about pizza toppings, get your mind out of the gutter!)

The only thing I'll veto is anchovies. Yes, I've tried it. No, it wasn't very good, IMO.

I'm fairly flexible with pizza; like Flamehawke  I'll try just about anything once. ( We're talking about pizza toppings, get your mind out of the gutter!)

The only thing I'll veto is anchovies. Yes, I've tried it. No, it wasn't very good, IMO.

but it likes the gutter. I will try just about anything once too (and I may be talking about pizza toppings, but I may not  :devil: )

• Like 2