Getting to Know Each Other--Dec 2014

TaleSpinner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just nicks and cuts. Hardly any blood. I don't even glue myself to other things that often.

I think Murphy is just saving up for something big. Like the wall mounted shelving above my paint desk to give way and bury me under 20 minis. In case of avalanche, are you supposed to swim with or against the current?

Unless it's minis, then you just revel in it!

Question 38: How have you suffered for your hobby (tales of injuries and damage as a result of painting/modeling)?

I've given myself a few minor cuts, glued my fingers together once or twice (which is not worse than glue something to the wrong something), but the worse injury is the tendonitis. Which is why Hubby volunteered to do all my sawing and drilling for me.

But! Now I have a Dremel! So I can hurt myself in more creative ways! Err... so I won't hurt my arm so much anymore. :blink:

• Like 3

I've got some fun scars, mostly from my younger years.  There's the mangled finger pad where I accidentally touched a spinning table saw blade, the nice line across the tip of my thumb from when I was carving a black dragon and slipped, nearly cutting off the tip, and the line across my palm where I sliced an apple and misjudged how much pressure was needed and ended up slicing a 2 inch gash down to the tendons.  Yeah, good times.

As for mini injuries, I have many, but nothing too interesting.  However, I do find it odd that since I have been sculpting, I have drawn blood every time I have sculpted a humanoid figure.  I seem to be safe on the animals and monsters, but the ladies and red caps are out to get me.

• Like 6

Question 38: How have you suffered for your hobby (tales of injuries and damage as a result of painting/modeling)?

Nothing major, a few glue incidents and minor scrapes/cuts.  The worst was having a pin vise slip and go through the tip of my thumb.  Didn't really hurt but it left some metal behind that annoyed me for over a month until I finally got it all out.  

Just nicks and cuts. Hardly any blood. I don't even glue myself to other things that often.

I think Murphy is just saving up for something big. Like the wall mounted shelving above my paint desk to give way and bury me under 20 minis. In case of avalanche, are you supposed to swim with or against the current?

Look at this way once it does the government will NEVER find you!

I throw freight for work & I walk to work every night. (I live just a few strees away)

• Like 2

For exercise, lately my wife and I have been going for 6-8 mile runs once or twice a weekend, plus the occasional lunch-time run or evening trip to the gym for an hour of swimming or using the rowing machine (that is an awesome workout). I haven't been on my bike in a year due to circumstances, but I'll get back to it in the spring.  I just started running this year, and so I've never done a triathlon but maybe next year.

Walks are to help the digestion and calm my mind so that I don't yell at people.