Getting to Know Each Other--Dec 2014

TaleSpinner

Question 38: How have you suffered for your hobby (tales of injuries and damage as a result of painting/modeling)?

Question 39: What do you do for exercise?

Same answer, both questions:

Nothing Significant.

38: ::): 39: :down:

Edited by TGP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to get down to the gym at least once a week during the winter to spend about an hour or so on the treadmill walking, but sometimes I get there three times in a week and sometimes not at all. Walking outside during the winter with my bad leg isn't really an option, as usually two or three times every winter I walk out my front door and my leg immediately pulls a Tin Man on me, resulting in me falling down my front stairs... :wacko:

During the warmer months, I can walk around my neighborhood, which I try to do almost every day after work for half an hour unless I have to run errands or something, and about an hour a day on the weekend. One turn around my block is .4 miles, and I live on a hill with my house roughly in the middle of my road so it's a very short flat, turn right onto a short very steep incline, turn right onto a longer mild incline, then turn right onto a short steep dowhill which turns right again back onto the short milder downhill at the other end of my road. It's a good workout, especially if I'm pushing the pace. I try to do two miles a day during the week and five on the weekend.

I really need to start doing tai chi and stretching again. (I think I've spent more time reading books about tai chi than actually doing it, lol.)

Question 39: What do you do for exercise?

Being a father of little ones and a teacher at a school with stairs seems to do the trick.

This.  Plus I coach two soccer teams.  One year round.  Keeping up with a team of active 8-10 year old girls is a challenge.

I also swim and bike not as often as I would like.

• Like 1

Q38- I've cut myself several times with xacto knives, files, blunt sculpting tools. Poked myself in the eye with my brush, dipped a brush into salsa (a kolinsky brush....still a trooper though). Eye sight went to udder poop for awhile but that was due to poor lighting conditions.

Q39: WTH is exercise? It sounds painful and very strenuous.

When I was younger, bike riding was heavily HEAVILY my thing. I can't imagine my chubby self on a bike now so I'll walk or...jog as well as my disability... Allows for me to. Running? Hah...hah...no. Never again. I've wanted to give yoga a try though. I'm used to doing tai chi for six days a week and it was quite nice. There aren't any great places locally that do it though.

Salsa - Reaper's new special color for a Cinqo de Mayo promotion  :lol:

Q38:

I have cut myself so many times with an ex-acto knife that my wife now requires me to keep a supply of band-aids/bandages in my hobby area so that I don't leak blood all over the place.

The worst time I cut myuself was when I was 14 or 15. I was cutting something on a wooden cutting board (see, I'm being safe!) that was on my lap (ok, maybe not). The blade slipped, totally missed the board and I buried it in into my right knee. I got a cut around an inch long. Both of my folks were at work and I figured that neither one would be pleased at having to leave early to bring me to the hospital for stitches, so I cleaned the wound myself and put some butterfly stitches on it.

Q39:

I spend a fair amount of time walking at work, it averages out to 2-3 miles per day. I really should try to do some more, though.

Q38:

I have cut myself so many times with an ex-acto knife that my wife now requires me to keep a supply of band-aids/bandages in my hobby area so that I don't leak blood all over the place.

My sewing area is like that. The number of times I have put needles through my fingers in creative directions is not small.

• Like 2