Mars Attacks: Magnetize Saucer & Big Stompy Robot

Here you can see what I plan to do with my BSR and Saucer.

1. Take them apart (it was easy to do)
2. glue where the pilot should be a magnet and same to the pilot
3. glue dome to the saucer or BSR
4. glue strong magnets in the BSR and Saucer to put it later together.
5. the Backpack is not glued to the robot yet, it will be magnetized, too!

I do not think I can do it before next year, because I need to order some magnets.

For the BSR I plan to do more, I will put soon pictures and explanations online.

cqnem2xu.jpg
7pnl39m3.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have magnetized these, also the weapons to make them easy to exchange It is easy and does not require you to take them apart at all.

I use 3mm magnets. I have a 3mm drillbit. The hole in the underseat where the peg is, the magnets go in flush and some superglue keeps it in place. When dry, I put another magnet on it so i am sure which side is supposed to go into the other part. I then cut off the peg and drill a matching hole and glue the magnet in. Voila.

I have magnetized these, also the weapons to make them easy to exchange It is easy and does not require you to take them apart at all.

I use 3mm magnets. I have a 3mm drillbit. The hole in the underseat where the peg is, the magnets go in flush and some superglue keeps it in place. When dry, I put another magnet on it so i am sure which side is supposed to go into the other part. I then cut off the peg and drill a matching hole and glue the magnet in. Voila.

Did you glue the dome on the BSR or saucer?

I found several magnets, so started with magnetizing.

I wanted to use more mangnets for other joints, but I didn't got the idea how to do it and thought to much strong magnets nearby could disturb others.

On picture 4 and 5 you can see how I connect weapons to the arms. On the upper arm joint I will put more magnets, so I can change the position of the weapon. Don't glue the magnet into the hole before you tested if the hole is deep enough, even if it looks ok!

g9klemce.jpg
hwg3r98p.jpg
5jhaicpf.jpg
wy2newce.jpg
ueoqamo9.jpg
7cs9kd4v.jpg

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 2

I tested also if I can put without problem the parts together if I would have the dome on one of the halves, and it worked fine.

Yesterday I tried also to use a steel rope (from bike brakes) instead of the magnets, but I think magnets will hold it better together