Sign in to follow this  
pinkymadigan

Some Classic HeroQuest Repaints

As one of my many ongoing projects, I'm stripping and repainting some old original HeroQuest minis. I don't have a complete set anymore (gave almost all of mine away, including all the expansions), but recently got a second hand set that had some Testors (or similar) slapped on it, and it makes for a fun project to try to recover lost detail. The dwarf in particular was pretty caked up. Being the iconic White Dwarf model, I took some extra time on him, really trying to elevate what are essentially pretty detailless models by modern standards.

The gang:

IMG_20141130_121850_18_edit_141737536436

IMG_20141130_121914_68_edit_141737543030

IMG_20141130_121930_30_edit_141737549668

IMG_20141130_121944_84_edit_141737554555

IMG_20141130_121958_14_edit_141737559287

Anyway, pretty easy to say they turned out better than my first attempts at mini painting way back then when I was using toothpicks as brushes and second hand craft paints...

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 18

Now those I can relate too!!

Love the look for the mummy.

RM

• Like 1

Looking good!

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a small handful of Hero quest minis left over too. I wish I had held on to more of them.

I recently repainted my Chaos Warrior and Firmirs and I've been meaning to get started on the dwarf too.

I don't remember the mummy but I love the colours you achieved. 

• Like 1

Anyway, pretty easy to say they turned out better than my first attempts at mini painting way back then when I was using toothpicks as brushes and second hand craft paints...

Ah, I remember those days.  The toothpicks were never a good idea.

• Like 1

Ah, I remember those days.  The toothpicks were never a good idea.

Haha, no, I even distinctly remember trying to do highlights with them. It was like a bright pink splotch caked on top of bright red caked on armor for my chaos warriors. 

They looked more like Easter candy than miniatures...

• Like 1

Awesome stuff! I've recently decided that one of my HeroQuest sets could do with some paint, though I've only managed to get as far as undercoating the heroes and the chaos warriors. Might start a WIP thread for it, actually.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of yours.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this