Cash's Paint-by-Numbers setup thread

CashWiley

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were TONS of fantastic figures in the poll (several of which ended up on my wishlist  :ph34r: ), but I suspected the Chuppa would win out. This is because it was designed by one forum member, sculpted by another, casted by a third, and so it was almost inevitable that the crowd should root for it to be painted by a fourth!  ^_^

This will be fun to watch! When suggesting colors, can color gradients be suggested, or would you prefer solid colors, and you'll work out the gradients/blending yourself? What about suggestions of a wash here, a glaze there? I'm quite curious how this will work!  ^_^

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

I'm quite curious how this will work!  ^_^

Me, too. I'm open to suggestions on that, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants and haven't thought it through :p

My initial thought is just kind of an overall look and feel discussion, since that's how I usually begin the design process.

I'm thinking Siri's suggestions would get extra weight in the process.

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 1

How about starting with a style poll?

Like:

Option 1: Cell-Shaded

Option 2: Dark/Gritty

Option 3: Anime

Option 4: ???

etc...

I like this idea, but it should be a short time-frame. Something like 3-4 days to vote on it so that when Cash gets the CHUPPA, he can start painting it fairly quickly after doing his prep.

• Like 2

Like:

etc...

I like this idea, but it should be a short time-frame. Something like 3-4 days to vote on it so that when Cash gets the CHUPPA, he can start painting it fairly quickly after doing his prep.

Whatsa Chuppa? Auto-correct thinks I mean cuppa... <_<

• Like 3

Like:

etc...

Whatsa Chuppa? Auto-correct thinks I mean cuppa... <_<

THIS BEAUTY from Hearthstone Miniatures (dontfear's new company), based on Siri's art.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

Hmm. I think it might be best to stay away from polls as much as possible, maybe saving them for big decisions. Style would definitely be a big decision. I'll start the WIP thread a bit earlier than I had intended so we can start taking ideas on style choices and get the poll up in time to get the results before I'm ready to paint.

I think the hardest part is keeping my own opinion out of it, since I tend to speak my mind about everything else :p

• Like 5

Hmm. I think it might be best to stay away from polls as much as possible, maybe saving them for big decisions. Style would definitely be a big decision. I'll start the WIP thread a bit earlier than I had intended so we can start taking ideas on style choices and get the poll up in time to get the results before I'm ready to paint.

I think the hardest part is keeping my own opinion out of it, since I tend to speak my mind about everything else :p

Your opinion is as valid as ours. Especially since you should have fun while painting it too, offer suggestions and see what others think.

• Like 1

I did not know what that was, voted for other things, glad I lost.

Completely missed the history of its creation, again, glad I lost.

Thanks for posting that Ub3r.

Polls:

Fewer options -5-

Shorter terms -3days-

Big decisions only.

I Concur with all that.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5