Skulls and Shackles Pathfinder Minis

We like to use minis even when playing the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game rather than cards as our tokens, so I went ahead and got the metal versions of the minis for S&S that we aren't getting in Bonesium for Bones II. Fun to paint, even if Pathfinder minis are always about finding some buckle, strap, knick-knack or other that you missed. Lirianne has a bit of a head-size issue that has been previously well documented, but I'm definitely not able to sculpt a fix myself (still working on sculpting, but slowly, a face is way out of my league). 

IMG_20141130_123144_50_edit_141737802949

IMG_20141130_123242_76_edit_141737838840

IMG_20141130_123255_38_edit_141737844281

IMG_20141130_123211_67_edit_141737816206

IMG_20141130_123228_21_edit_141737826327

Thanks for looking!

• Like 15
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done on all 3 of these and I see what you mean about that head, I am painting the war priest myself right now and we almost have the same color selection. Btw what is pathfinder, I thought it was a D&D based RPG but you mentioned it was a card game?

• Like 1

Nicely done on all 3 of these and I see what you mean about that head, I am painting the war priest myself right now and we almost have the same color selection. Btw what is pathfinder, I thought it was a D&D based RPG but you mentioned it was a card game?

Pathfinder is a whole bunch of products produced by Paizo, but the main product is a pencil and paper RPG, yes. The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is a great game based in the same world with the same iconic heroes, etc, but scaled down to a persistent deck building game that takes about 1/2 hour to an hour tops to play a module.

The stories aren't as in depth (I believe intentionally so that they do not spoil anything from the RPG), but the game is really fun.

EDIT: Really, the issue with Lirianne is mostly neck-length, not head size (though the head is small for a mini). But that neck is like 2-3 times the length a normal neck is.

Edited by pinkymadigan

Smart move. I don't have my copy of S&S yet. When the BGG forum dies down, could you post there which miniatures we need for which characters, and which ones will be available in Bonesium? Thanks!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AutumnHare
      I finally finished all the Pathfinder Iconics.  (Until Bones 4 arrives.)

Some of them turned out great, and for some, the best I can say is that they arent much worse than a pre-paint would be. 

Either way, these guys will be called into service whenever a generic NPC is required. 

89038 Oloch, Warpriest

89037 Quinn, Investigator

89036 Reiko, Ninja

89017 Imrijka, Inquisitor

89018 Sajan, Monk

89019 Nakayama Hayato, Samurai

89020 Harsk, Ranger and 77216 Biter, Badger

89022 Alahazra, Oracle

89023 Balazar, Summoner

89025 Alain, Cavalier

89027 Lini, Druid and Droogami, 77216 Snow Leopard

89034 Crowe, Bloodrager

And lastly a group shot of all the Iconics, including the ones from Bones 1:

• By evilcoatrack
      I put off buying this model for awhile since I planned on her representing an important character in my weekly D&D campaign and wanted to wait until I could do her justice.  She's one half of a pair: I will also be working on her squire in matching colors.

In my game world, she is Fiorela Alierin, a distant cousin to the kingdom's queen and a legendary hero.  She currently serves as Knight Captain of the Queensguard, and you can feel free to read about her on Page 2 of my Work-in-Progress Factions document for the game:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JTx1z9sFbKc9HnE0HRnmT0cg6skvXLR6x3j0-wZZmfo/edit?usp=sharing

My apologies for some shine in the photos.  I had just sealed her with dullcote and left her at my LGS on display just before it closed.  I didn't notice the wet spots until after I took the pictures (of course).

This was my first real go at NMM, and so far I'm happy with it.  Still need to work blending, but her sword was thin enough that this one was fairly easy to work out.
    • By dks
      I ran a Works-in-Progress thread for this figure here: link.

The abridged version:

Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By dks
      I like the Pathfinder iconic character designs. 
      I've painted most of the figures of them that Reaper makes.  (I even sculpted some of them.)

Reaper makes a figure of the iconic gunslinger from the Ultimate Combat book: a half-elf named Lirianne. 
      link to Lirianne art, by Wayne Reynolds
      link to Lirianne backstory, by Crystal Frasier

The Reaper figure is good and has fine detail, but Bobby Jackson sculpted her during his recent "small head phase". 
      link to photo of unpainted Reaper figure
      The other iconic human/elf/half-elf figures have heads that are 1/6 to 1/7 of their height; the head of the Lirianne figure is about 1/9 of her height and she has very narrow shoulders, so I think she would look out of place next to the other iconics on my display shelf. 
      Resolved: I'll resculpt her head at a size consistent with those of the other iconics.
      The bigger head will also provide me enough room to paint those freckles on her nose.
      I'll make some other adjustments to suit the bigger head, such as broadening her shoulders and reshaping her hat.
      The figure wears a cloak, but I interpret the outer garment in the original art as a short-sleeved leather duster (coat), so I'll resculpt the cloak, resculpt the red scarf as a separate article, and resculpt the sheathed sabre so it appears to be on the outside of the duster.  I'll also fill out the poofy sleeves of her shirt, and I'll extend the butts of the pistols a bit.

Step 1-A: Chop.  Using my flush-cutters, I cut away most of the head, leaving a nub over which to sculpt a new face.  I also started to reshape her hat -- not visible in the photos.  I cut away part of the back surface of the cloak, but I didn't consider that the sabre should really go on the outside of the coat. 
      Step 1-B: First application of putty = a new face!  This took about an hour, with one batch of Green Stuff.  I also added some putty to the butts of the pistols (though the putty later fell off of the right-hand pistol).  I put some putty on for the new "coat", but quickly realized that the sabre should go over the coat, so I scraped off most of the still-soft putty.  You can see the remnants of the green on her back.
      Step 1-C: Chop a lot more.  The flush-cutters made short work of the cloak, including the connection to the back of her right leg and the back of her scale-mail skirt.
      Step 1-D: When the face had cured hard, I carved away some of the forehead so the hat will look natural when fitted on top of the head.  The head is therefore flatter than it would be if she weren't wearing the hat.
      Step 1-E: Cut into the front and sides of the neck, so there is just enough metal that I can repose the head.  I turned her head to the right, so she can be looking up and to the left as in the concept art.

Here's how she looks after a busy Step 1.
      I didn't take a photo of the figure earlier because I didn't expect to post this WIP thread, but I intend to document my steps from here on out.

Thanks for reading,
      Derek

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)