CAV: SO Friday Feature [12/5/2014]

CAVBOSS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me infantry!  

Also, can anyone confirm 100% that the new price of 5.99 is correct for blisters of infantry?  Not too bad, but not sure if I can afford to field the massive footslogging hordes I was hoping for.  Might have to pick 3 armies out of six to be infantry-heavy (Per CAV 2 fluff, Terrans and Malvernis seem like the right choice, and maybe Adon).  

It seems obvious since Ebay sellers & such are still charging about 10 bucks for the all metal blisters, but I honestly don't remember what the infantry were priced at 2 weeks ago since I haven't looked in months.  

Edited by Vytau
  • Like 1

That gets you 3-4 data cards worth of infantry, which at least in CAV 2 would be 200 to 500 points depending on type and upgrades-so they're about equivalent to a Bones CAV in $ and point cost.

Thanks, Vil!  I keep trying to visualize force organizations and I don't think I've quite got my head wrapped around it. Even an all-infantry force would probably only be something like 18 bases (three sections of six units), and I don't plan on doing that.  Not often, anyway.  Still I guess an infantry-heavy force would probably have 2 sections of six-ish?  

Sorry, just thinking out loud here. 

That gets you 3-4 data cards worth of infantry, which at least in CAV 2 would be 200 to 500 points depending on type and upgrades-so they're about equivalent to a Bones CAV in $ and point cost.

Thanks, Vil!  I keep trying to visualize force organizations and I don't think I've quite got my head wrapped around it. Even an all-infantry force would probably only be something like 18 bases (three sections of six units), and I don't plan on doing that.  Not often, anyway.  Still I guess an infantry-heavy force would probably have 2 sections of six-ish?  

Sorry, just thinking out loud here. 

Sounds about right. I used to run a CAVless Adon force that generally had two sections of tanks, one or two sections of armored drop infantry (so only three stands per section but costing about 100 points each), a recon/flight section and sometimes a few Hornets for fire support, which worked pretty well. You could definitely go heavier on the infantry, though, especially if you give some of them transports. Faction-wise, I'd say Terran, Adon, and Rach have the best infantry (with the right doctrine, Terran and Rach can really pack a punch, while the Adon infantry are simply more resilient); the Malvernis conscription doctrine allows them to field a large number of unarmored infantry, but they don't have the advantages of the other three.

• Like 2