Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Male Elf Ranger W/Bow DSM-7105

I know it is hard to imagine that I am NOT doing another Meier 25mm  Sculpt !

Thought I would switch out and doing something different since Sir Kay and Galahad,

They were fun, but this time, I'm going for added enjoyment, and color.

He's been primed, and coated with liner, and I have started on his skin tones,

I am digging the face, I really enjoy when a miniature starts "Right".. I'm happy with it already.

Always a good sign.

So, here is the Male Elf Ranger W/Bow.

oh..Robinh, No Orange on this one !  ROFL.

post-12655-0-38583200-1418166912.jpg

post-12655-0-01343500-1418166913_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-65816900-1418166913_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-35722000-1418166914.jpg

post-12655-0-00897600-1418166915.jpg

• Like 11

not really a fan of this sculpt. Something hard to say about anything Dark Sword, but the matching hem on his shirt with the pants makes me think peter pan more than serious elf.  That said, seeing your last few elves, I am going to be watching this with interest to see how well he turns out.

• Like 2

Really nice and clean so far, the skin is very smooth. Will definitely be watching this one as well Jay. 

Can't wait to see what you do with him!

• Like 2

not really a fan of this sculpt. Something hard to say about anything Dark Sword, but the matching hem on his shirt with the pants makes me think peter pan more than serious elf.  That said, seeing your last few elves, I am going to be watching this with interest to see how well he turns out.

Interesting ShadowRaven,

I took those edges to be tops of the boots, 

I just snapped a photo of it.

I'm making three separate colors there..at least.

The Cavalary brown boots will be glazed a darker brown.

ROFL....Norwegian STRIKES again..  You said SHIRT Edges...Duh.

I completely mis-read your statement.  I read your "shirt" to be Norwegian

"Skirt" in my mind... and said.. skirt and boots must be what he meant.

Sawwy.. But I think I might get around that :devil:

post-12655-0-99277800-1418168259_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 7

ooh a "robin hood" mini from Jay!  I like this departure from the knights!   I won't even ask for any Orange on this one. :upside:

I would agree that the frill is the top of the boots turned over and not the extension of the pants. 

Time to pull out the ol'popcorn kettle and get a big bowl made up.     Now remember the ROBINH reference .... I have faith in you to do me it justice on this one!

:devil:

PS think Errol Flyn!

link http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy191/AleNasc/Forum/RobinHood_zps651a64e1.jpg

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

ooh a "robin hood" mini from Jay!  I like this departure from the knights!   I won't even ask for any Orange on this one. :upside:

I would agree that the frill is the top of the boots turned over and not the extension of the pants. 

Time to pull out the ol'popcorn kettle and get a big bowl made up.     Now remeber the ROBINH reference .... I have faith in you to do me it justice on this one!

:devil:

Your in Luck,

I'm feeling Friar Tuck-ish !

^_^

• Like 1

I meant boots. I typed pants, but I meant boots

sure shadow sure!

Pax Frater Pax..

Told You I was feeling Tuck-ish

Teehee :wacko:

• Like 1

I meant boots. I typed pants, but I meant boots

sure shadow sure!

Pax Frater Pax..

Told You I was feeling Tuck-ish

Teehee :wacko:

Yesss Father  :down:

• Like 2

Well the face is looking great so far.  Always nice to start with the face and have it look good.  ^_^

Thanks LittleBluberry;

I really put the dark liner on there more dark than I normally would; however

I am planning on using really light colors on the material, so I may need that strong contrast in the folds.

(Just playing out hunches, though I have printed out the primed photo's to remind me of what is there) !

I'm also happy I put the eyes in this one... deep blue.. they are really in shadow.

• Like 2

Had to play at the Dentist Office today...

Cleaning and X-rays, exam...sigh...

So got some painting in eventually,

Just now I have to run around some more.

Going to be a light painting day I fear.

Its also 40 rainy degree's...

Here is the Elf Ranger.

post-12655-0-45932800-1418234261_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Oh Joy;

Got a call and got the chance to spend some more time painting !

So.. Quick catch up pick, then out the door.

Just laying down base coats..seeing what I want to do.

Nothing is final as of yet.

post-12655-0-65852500-1418236658_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-40053500-1418236659_thumb.jpg

• Like 7